Combat animations can not turned ON, but only in PBM

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Alpha77

Combat animations can not turned ON, but only in PBM

Post by Alpha77 »

It works fine in AI games but we started a PBM recently and combat animations always revert to OFF as soon the PBM file is loaded, even if they are ON in preferences (both player put it on and it reverts to off for both).

See my screen from preferences: Also if you press F5 it says "....is locked" [&:]

Attachments
pref1.jpg
pref1.jpg (169.22 KiB) Viewed 125 times
geofflambert

RE: Combat animations can not turned ON, but only in PBM

Post by geofflambert »

I've never run into this. Can you each show us your flag settings on the executable?

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I never use hot keys or the F keys. What does F5 do? I see, F5 toggles it off if it's on. Don't do that!

Attachments
Sofia-Vergara.jpg
Sofia-Vergara.jpg (184.43 KiB) Viewed 125 times

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Just guesses, but the "locked" message may be because you opponent has to make the next change - i.e. you have sent him a file and until he sends one back and you run it, the settings are locked.

You have delays set for the combat animations but if you opponent has them set to 0.0 seconds, that may result in skipped animations.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Just guesses, but the "locked" message may be because you opponent has to make the next change - i.e. you have sent him a file and until he sends one back and you run it, the settings are locked.

You have delays set for the combat animations but if you opponent has them set to 0.0 seconds, that may result in skipped animations.

..also with them turned on, I think.
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

..also with them turned on, I think.

I send him the screenshot so can do the same prefs I have... also told him to turn it on before save.
Lets see if it works again [:)]
sval062

Post by sval062 »

Hi,

Did you finally fix this issue?
Assuming it is yes, I would be interested to know how you proceed since I have the same one.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: sval

Hi,

Did you finally fix this issue?
Assuming it is yes, I would be interested to know how you proceed since I have the same one.

Japan player turns them on, saves and sends the new turn to the Allied player who also has to turn them on, save and sends the turn back.

Return to “Tech Support”