QB Scenarios

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

goodwoodrw

QB Scenarios

Post by goodwoodrw »

Just D/L games can't find QB scenario
Formerly Goodwood

mkeogh76

RE: QB Scenarios

Post by mkeogh76 »

Same issue here. Downloaded, installed, and can't find any of the new QB content within any menu of SOW: Waterloo.

The QB did install to my Waterloo folder, but it is in its own separate "DLC" folder. Is that supposed to be correct? I don't believe any of the Gettysburg add-ons were installed in their own separate folders. So, is that supposed to be the case here?
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

It's a separate tab under the "Waterloo Battles" menu
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Can't find tab
Formerly Goodwood

mkeogh76

Post by mkeogh76 »

ORIGINAL: Tamas

It's a separate tab under the "Waterloo Battles" menu

My eyes are not what they once were, but I do not see any such tab in the Waterloo Battles menu.

All I see are the standard French and Allied tabs with their corresponding Waterloo battles. I have the twenty original Waterloo scenarios, but do not see anything that mentions QB in that menu.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Can't find it here is a sceen shot

Attachments
QB2.jpg
QB2.jpg (80.77 KiB) Viewed 539 times
Formerly Goodwood

goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Makes two of us
Formerly Goodwood

Tamas

Post by Tamas »

The Quatre Bras installer comes with the 1.01 patch included. You need to have version 1.01 to be able to use the QB expansion. Can you please double check you have the patch instaled? Easiest way is to click Check for Update on the launch menu
mkeogh76

Post by mkeogh76 »

ORIGINAL: Tamas

The Quatre Bras installer comes with the 1.01 patch included. You need to have version 1.01 to be able to use the QB expansion. Can you please double check you have the patch instaled? Easiest way is to click Check for Update on the launch menu

That's the first thing I tried to get the QB content up-and-running. However, my PC doesn't like Matrix Game's update installer. It gave me an error message when it attempted to download the update (which has happened a number of times before with other Matrix products.) It would be nice if I could manually download and install the update, but it doesn't appear to available at the moment or I can't find it.
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

same prob here auto installer won't work
Formerly Goodwood

Tamas

Post by Tamas »

You are using the Matrix version, not Steam, right? That patch I linked is for the Matrix version of course, Steam updates the game automatically.

Assuming its Matrix, did you guys cancel the installation of the patch when installing the DLC? I am asking because the DLC installer should have applied the patch without any extra step needed from you, and it worked during our tests.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Matrix
Can't recall that question being asked. will try and reinstall DLC
Formerly Goodwood

mkeogh76

Post by mkeogh76 »

Thank you, Tamas. The manual installation of the patch got the Quartre Bras content to appear.

However, the original installation of the QB expansion installed like any other Matrix product. There was no prompting for the patch. The game seemingly installed without issue, but when I went to play it the content did not appear.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Just reinstalled DLC option not given to install Patch.
Where do you find the version in the game?
Formerly Goodwood

Tamas

Post by Tamas »

Strange... The very first time you have installed the DLC, you should have seen this screen:

To be 100% sure you have the patch, please download the manual installer from the link I posted above, and make it install even if you say you are up to date already (which it really should not say, but still).
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Nope didn't see that at all on both installs. thanks for the link to the 1.01 patch working fine now, but gotta go to bed. [:(] thanks again
Formerly Goodwood

conjotter

Post by conjotter »

Hi folks.

You can avoid this problem by making sure you update your WATERLOO game with the latest version that became available today BEFORE you buy Quatre Bras.

That is what I did and I had no issues installing Quatre Bras.

Had a quick look at it this morning. Most impressive.

Just wish there were more than five scenarios.

Regards, JC.
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

+1 (What John said) ^^^^ Patch first then install QB - worked fine.

I can see a lot of work has gone into this and the base game - looking forward to getting into it!

Cheers
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
1annoyedgamer

Post by 1annoyedgamer »

Interesting. My Quatre Bras scenarios did not make a new tab within the waterloo battles. Instead they ended up in user scenarios on the main waterloo page. Ive got all 5 scenarios and they all work fine, but they definitely didn't end up where it seems like they should have judging from all the posts here.

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”