WW2 Update not installing

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: Erik2, Lukas

LarryP

WW2 Update not installing

Post by LarryP »

Yes my virus software is disabled. When I use the update option on the game menu, it downloads to the end, but then waits several seconds and then says "error, unable to download from server." In the Patches directory I see the file v248 but it deletes automatically. ???

Here is the exact message:

Error:
Unable to download file.
An error occurred when downloading information from the server.
zakblood

RE: WW2 Update not installing

Post by zakblood »

site or steam version?
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

I have both installed, but I am trying to update the site version. The Steam is fine.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

both on the same pc? as it won't work like that as they will over write?

as the both share the same save game folder in my doc's etc, part of the patch process is to rename and overwrite your game save folder and convert it, doing it once with steam and having it work, may cause issues with site version as well, but to be sure wait for a site mode to reply as i'm only a volunteer member, but that's how i see it, but maybe wrong.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

They don't share the same on mine. They both work fine.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

sorry edited mine above and added some more info
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

If they share the same save folder, then would it not still download the file fine and give error during the patch process? Because at the end of the download, it deletes the file and then gives error.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

check your firewall and antivirus engine for error messages, then re try running the file as admin from a admin account, if it still errors then something else is stopping it, but patch works fine here, on single versions pc's, eg on a steam on install it works, and a site only version it works, using a combo of both may give a different result but untried and untested for by me anyway so unless someone else has an idea, the forum mod from this section will need to reply as they have more data on it than i do, i've only tested both files myself on my own and on there own, not a dual install version i'm sorry to say[:(]
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Still not working.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ok let's take a look, then i'll pass you onto support and see if they can advice something else,

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)

last call is http://www.matrixgames.com/support/
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Too much of a hassle. All other games from Matrix update fine when I disable ESet. I will just play through Steam. My drivers are all current, firewall is not blocking, I always run from an Admin account. Thanks for your help.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

just double check

http://support.eset.com/kb3624/?viewlocale=en_US

as it maybe need adding to the safe list as even when off, it's still has some options on.

i'm thinking more towards a anti virus issue than just a permissions or patch one, as nothing else deletes the file
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

It's not ESet. Is there a way, like it used to be in the old days that I can just download the file without using the TrueUpdate inside the game?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: LarryP

It's not ESet. Is there a way, like it used to be in the old days that I can just download the file without using the TrueUpdate inside the game?
Please check this thread:
tm.asp?m=4099217&mpage=1&key=&#4099217
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Perfect! Thanks! [&o]

EDIT: The two work fine together.

Return to “Tech Support”