Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Lowpe (J)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

JocMeister

RE: Invasion West Coast!

Post by JocMeister »

Managed to get the turn off to Jeff! [&o]
poodlebrain

Post by poodlebrain »

What are the sizes of your airfields in Southern California? What amount of aviation support and HQs do you have available?

Have you located the KB? Curious to know ranges of any LRCAP missions over invasion hexes.
Never trust a man who's ass is wider than his shoulders.
jwolf

Post by jwolf »

Just caught up with this after being out on vacation for 2 weeks. WOW!!! [X(][X(]

Kudos to your opponent, win or lose, for one hell of a gutsy move! Your defensive prep looks pretty good, good luck!
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

I keep thinking of another game where planes would hit the water when you set them at 100 feet. They did not bounce back up which would run the digital pilots whole day.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

bomccarthy

Post by bomccarthy »

Don't forget your secret advantage - Japanese troops getting lost in Santa Ana and wandering into the wrong neighborhoods.

Attachments
Trejo1.jpg
Trejo1.jpg (42.77 KiB) Viewed 103 times
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Where is his machete?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
catwhoorg

Post by catwhoorg »

How goes the Chickenpox ?
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: bomccarthy

Don't forget your secret advantage - Japanese troops getting lost in Santa Ana and wandering into the wrong neighborhoods.

[:D]

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (247.46 KiB) Viewed 103 times
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Hi guys.

No turn from Jeff tonight which is actually a relief. Lots of itching and crying at home right now. And for once its not me!

paullus99

Post by paullus99 »

Too bad you weren't able to get your kid the vaccine....
Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: paullus99
Too bad you weren't able to get your kid the vaccine....

Its not part of the common child vaccination program here in Sweden. Not unless you are part of the "risk group".

Not really sure why its not.
paullus99

Post by paullus99 »

It really should be.
Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

Its not part of the common child vaccination program here in Sweden. Not unless you are part of the "risk group".

Heh, learn something new every day. Curious, are some vaccinations routine or mandatory? Also, are there any measures to contain the infection or notify anyone that might come in contact? Are chickenpox common? just curious really
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

When I was a kid Smallpox was certainly vaccinated against, but as I recall everyone just got Chickenpox and parents were concerned if you didn't get it young enough because getting it older was worse.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

Heh, learn something new every day. Curious, are some vaccinations routine or mandatory? Also, are there any measures to contain the infection or notify anyone that might come in contact? Are chickenpox common? just curious really

Some are mandatory I think. At least offered for free. Can´t be bothered to translate them all but Polio, mumps, diphtheria tetanus and measles are part of the program. I think all in all its 10 or so deceases which are part of the child vaccination program.

You can of course vaccinate for other stuff too and its not that expensive. But we never even considered vaccinating against chickenpox tbh. Its just something everyone gets once and then its done with forever. We did vaccinate Ida against a very nasty stomach virus called the rota virus. Its now also part of the program but wasnt when she was small but Alexander got it for free.

As witpqs says it is apparently horrible to suffer through chickenpox when adult. But me and my wife had it when we were small though.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

When I was a kid Smallpox was certainly vaccinated against, but as I recall everyone just got Chickenpox and parents were concerned if you didn't get it young enough because getting it older was worse.

When I was about three we lived in navy housing (WWII era stuff outside Makalapa Gate at Pearl), and the Baby Boomer moms used to have "Pox Parties" when the men were out. One kid got sick and the moms would gather at her house with their kids, drink, and let the children infect each other. Get it over so Dad didn't have to deal when he came home from the sea.
The Moose
fcharton

Post by fcharton »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
When I was about three we lived in navy housing (WWII era stuff outside Makalapa Gate at Pearl), and the Baby Boomer moms used to have "Pox Parties" when the men were out. One kid got sick and the moms would gather at her house with their kids, drink, and let the children infect each other. Get it over so Dad didn't have to deal when he came home from the sea.

They still do it nowadays, under a different name. It is called kindergarten...

Francois

RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Rubela (German Measles) in the US is another one. I had the smallpox vaccine twice.

I understand that oatmeal baths can help reduce the itchiness as she is probably too young for Jack Daniels . . .
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: fcharton

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

They still do it nowadays, under a different name. It is called kindergarten...

Francois

That's 5 YO though. Back then they wanted you to have it at 18 months or so. I've been told I had a terrible case, but I have no memory of it. So it's a way to go.
The Moose
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

Some are mandatory I think. At least offered for free. Can´t be bothered to translate them all but Polio, mumps, diphtheria tetanus and measles are part of the program. I think all in all its 10 or so deceases which are part of the child vaccination program.

You can of course vaccinate for other stuff too and its not that expensive. But we never even considered vaccinating against chickenpox tbh. Its just something everyone gets once and then its done with forever. We did vaccinate Ida against a very nasty stomach virus called the rota virus. Its now also part of the program but wasnt when she was small but Alexander got it for free.

As witpqs says it is apparently horrible to suffer through chickenpox when adult. But me and my wife had it when we were small though.
The reason Chickenpox is now considered a risky disease is that after you have had it, the virus remains dormant in your system and a percentage of people will get Shingles from it later in life. When I worked in a large office building someone broke out in Shingles and there was near panic among the other staff, even though AFAIK it is not contagious.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “After Action Reports”