game speed/scroll speed on map

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

oldman45

game speed/scroll speed on map

Post by oldman45 »

My computer finally bought the big one, so I upgraded and reinstalled my favorite games. This one is running horribly slow. The map scroll is so painful I want to throw the mouse and the turns run very slow. It never used to do that because there were hot keys and switches that could be used to speed things up. Problem is I can't find my notes to remember what I need to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
BBfanboy

RE: game speed/scroll speed on map

Post by BBfanboy »

Check the Win 10 discussion in the Tech section of the forum - lots of discussion of switches to solve slowness and other problems.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

Yea, thanks, I tried searching a different way and came up with a bunch of stuff. Should have tried a few more times before I posted. Thanks BB
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

I used the switches, the game moves around the campaign map faster (I can live with it) I also set windows to run it as a windows 7 but the turn runs very slow. Set the switch for AMD and cpu 2. Anything else I might try?
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: oldman45

I used the switches, the game moves around the campaign map faster (I can live with it) I also set windows to run it as a windows 7 but the turn runs very slow. Set the switch for AMD and cpu 2. Anything else I might try?
You haven't said what O/S you are using with your new laptop, but I assumed it would come with Win 10. In the thread I mentioned the players that have got their switches right all say Win 10 runs the game faster than Win 7. I am not tech expert so other than suggesting you try to work with Win 10, I have to recommend you take your request for help to the tech section and be prepared to post some screenshots of you settings, especially the switches.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

thanks
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: oldman45

The graphics switches are usually critical in getting the speed up. As BBfanboy go over to the Tech sub-forum where there is a big Win10 thread with the various switch solutions.

Alfred

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”