New v1.21.01 Hotfix for v1.20.04 Public Beta

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

pzgndr

New v1.21.01 Hotfix for v1.20.04 Public Beta

Post by pzgndr »

Attached is the v1.21.01 hotfix for the v1.20.04 public beta already available. Please maintain an official version of the original game updated to the latest v1.08.07 official comprehensive patch. Install a different beta version of the game updated to v1.08.07 and v1.20.04, and then copy the hotfix EXE into the beta version directory.
Attachments
EiANWv1.21.01.zip
(2.48 MiB) Downloaded 15 times
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
pzgndr

RE: New v1.21.01 Hotfix for v1.20.04 Public Beta

Post by pzgndr »

Fix List

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.21.01
=============================================
- 0000043: [PBEM Enhancement] Show money given from myself to other powers – resolved.
- 0000235: [UI Bug] City of Straslund in S.Pomerania should be named Stralsund – resolved in map.
- 0000246: [UI Bug] Pomerania (Pommerania) spelled wrongly – resolved in new data files.
- 0000272: [Game Bug] In multi-player (no AI) PBEM Log describes "Country X to Country Y Relations better, Nuisance Rating Cleared" – resolved.
- 0000513: [Game Bug] Turkish depots show they can hold militia – resolved in new data files.
- 0000720: [Rules Deviation] Poland forces should be 0-0 when Poland is first made a Free State – resolved in new data files.
- 0000722: [Game Bug] Feudal units created from non-Turkish countries using the editor have morale of 0 – resolved in new data files.
- 0000723: [Rules Deviation] Syrian Cavalry at start up should be 6 factors instead of 5 – resolved in new data files.
- 0000746: [Game Bug] Log message for Ottoman money transfer to Turkey missing $ sign – resolved.
- 0000767: [Game Bug] Depot and city garrison have incorrect leadership rating displayed – resolved in new data files.
- 0000781: [AI Bug] French corps at Paris chose withdraw (which should not have happened) – resolved.
- 0000810: [PBEM Bug] In-game editor does not allow removal of leaders - resolved.
- 0000814: [Rules Deviation] Unable to increase Austrian depots in game editor – resolved in new data files.
- 0000818: [AI Enhancement] AI Bonuses - resolved.
- 0000820: [AI Enhancement] AI DOWs on Minor Countries – resolved.
- 0000821: [AI Enhancement] AI Builds and Money for Supply – resolved.
- 0000824: [AI Enhancement] AI Ship Building – resolved.
- 0000827: [AI Enhancement] AI Builds for Free States – resolved.
- 0000837: [Rules Deviation] 1.8.07 rules on Guerrillas deviate from how they play in the game – closed.
- 0000846: [Game Bug] Lend money to Major Power - resolved.

- Adding new data files (.ged and .tpj) and setups for a Classic 1805 Campaign based on EiA v3.1 (eianw001) and for an Alternate 1805 Campaign based on EiH v4.0 (eianw002) – to be resolved.
- Adding new directory for backup files for old data files and setups (players should also backup any custom data files and setups from prior versions) – to be resolved.

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.21.00
- Added ice display. When sea areas are iced over during winter, we are now filling the area in with a light gray shading. – resolved.
- Added land stack movement. This can be done by simply holding down the CTRL key AFTER selecting a unit in the stack then clicking the destination area while still holding the CTRL key. – resolved.
- Added home nation shading on large map. This shading is a cross hatch pattern which gives a little more darkness to it. – resolved.
- Fixed Victory screen alignment issues with larger screens. - resolved.
- Fixed memory issue that could cause stack movement to not work in certain situations. - resolved.
- Fixed issue that was locking cursor into move mode with a unit counter outline. - resolved.
- Fixed issue with AI surrender calculations. It was improperly evaluating forces on map versus enemy forces when trying to decide to sue for peace. Bottom line is that the AI will probably surrender a little earlier to save their forces. – resolved.

Version 1.20.04 (03/01/14) Public Beta

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.20.04
- Updated several images – resolved.
- Updated documentation – resolved.
- Added space filler panel in bottom right of screen which simply fills in all unused space on larger screens. Also shows flag of current nation. – resolved.

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.20.00
- 0000180: [UI Enhancement] Show more map in higher screen resolution (marshall) - resolved.

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.10.00
- 0000848: [Game Bug] Can't Initiate Naval Combat when trying to lift a blockade (from outside) (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000851: [Game Enhancement] Need to port to newer compiler. (marshall) - resolved.

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.09.00
- 0000799: [Game Bug] Blockade intercepts following different rules to open sea intercepts (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000778: [Rules Deviation] Trivial battles preventing reinforcement attempts (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000615: [Game Enhancement] Editor adding new leaders? (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000552: [Game Bug] Garrison Limit Reached and existing Garrisons deleted/demobbed to "Pool" (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000760: [Game Bug] AI Taking ALL cav losses on break for that round (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000662: [AI Bug] AI too generous giving away minors (marshall) - resolved.

Bill Macon
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

OK, I have some good news and some bad news about the v1.21.01 hotfix.

#1. While the loan money issue appears resolved in my hotseat testing, I have not been able to verify it in multiplayer pbem. The good news is that whatever I'm doing that isn't working right also doesn't work right for me using v1.08.07, so I believe I am doing something wrong. I have not messed with any pbem code from before, which was working OK with the sim dip phases, so it should still be working OK. I would greatly appreciate any experienced pbem group to please playtest this hotfix through a couple of eco phases involving money loans between major powers and verify if everything is working or not. If there are any issues, then my #1 priority for getting a new public beta package ready will be to ensure pbem still works.

#2. While the AI ship building and minor country builds appear to be working OK, there is a new issue regarding the AI building and placing fleet counters and adding new ship builds. For now I have scaled back the builds but you will still see some. My #2 priority will be to resolve the AI logic for fleet counters.

The rest should be good, and players should notice some improvements. Folks should now be able to enjoy the new widescreen graphics, finally. Please enjoy!
Bill Macon
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the work and patches, will re load the game and do some testing[&o][&o][&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Alrighty, I was hoping for some feedback by now, but I am going to press on this next week with the new setups for the classic EiA and alternate EiH campaigns, as well as digging into the AI logic for shipbuilding some more. If/when anybody tries pbem and finds any issues, then I'll work on that.

Another little development from this past week was that Embarcadero had C++Builder 10.1 on sale for $49 so I went ahead and got that. I'll try setting that up and seeing if the code compiles OK or not. If it looks good then I'll complete the port to the newer (and supported!) compiler/IDE. Since Microsoft ended support for Windows XP, I assume most users have upgraded at least to Windows 7, so it should be safe to set the compiler build target to Windows 7 and see how that goes. The goal of course is to have a more stable game engine, to the extent that we can.

Please take another look at the fix list above and consider giving the hotfix a go. Again, some feedback would be helpful. Thanks!
Bill Macon

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”