Bad NeuStadt 08/01/85 0330

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

BeirutDude

Bad NeuStadt 08/01/85 0330

Post by BeirutDude »

This scenario has been updated and is now in the "1985 War" Thread.

"So this is a short scenario (4 hours if it goes that long!) representing the 8th Guards Army's 47 Independent Tank Regt attacking the 11th ACR's 2nd Squadron near Bad NeuStadt (east of Bad Kissingen). It is NOT balanced, repeat not balanced. I thought about playing with it to balance it, but why I didn't is it really represents the power of an ACR. The ACR was expected to take on 2 to 2.5 Soviet Divisions for several days. Well I think these scenarios (1 Nato and 1 Warsaw Pact) depicts why that view held sway. So please don't give me Cr@p about play balance, I admit it isn't balanced but it is educational."

Al

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
CapnDarwin

RE: Bad NeuStadt 08/01/85 0330

Post by CapnDarwin »

Al, sounds like a good one. The game was designed to handle unbalanced fights with the way it scores based on initial VP ratio. Should be fine.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

I'm going to completely rework that scenario. There are bunch of things wrong with it including the unit designation for the Soviet unit and the fact is that unit would probably not even be in that location anyway. I was using a Database that had some Cold War designations and positions for the units and it turns out the 47th Independent Tank Regt was the 119th Independent Tank Regt and from its base of operations would more likely have been deployed against the 3rd Squadron north of Fulda with the 27th MRD following in echelon. The unit most likely to have been deployed against The 11Th ACR, 2nd Squadron would have been the 39th MRD. So I'm going to rework it with that in mind. Also the tank Regt is light on equipment. It has 94T-80s but should have 174 as well as 6 2S1 Gvozdika's. So I really messed this one up!
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Al, take your time. We'll be here when it's done. [;)]

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Pay's the same! [:)]

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

The OOBs for the divisions are stable but different sources vary on the Army Level subordinate units...

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

That's the beauty of hypothetical battles. [:D]

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

True, but I'm a Type A++++ Perfectionist. That's why the people who really pay me, pay me the big bucks [8D][:D]

So for the V Corps area scenarios I've been working on NATO is partly mobilized with about 1/2 the REFORGER units in place. NATO's standing forces are alert and forward deployed. The GDR 3. Army moved into the Kassel Area. 119th (47th?) Tank Regt and 27th MRD hit 11th ACR 3rd Squadron +, the 79th TD hits 11th ACR 1 Sqdn + then passes through 57 MRD in echelon to hit U.S. 3rd AD. Further south 39 MRD will be hitting 11ACR 2nd Sqdrn. This is more in keeping with 8th GA peacetime deployments. Then 1st GTA will have a go...

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

I never believed in the "bolt out of the blue attack."

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Please see Most Recent 1985 War Scenario thread for most updated scenarios.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”