High level Mod Comparison

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

scout1

High level Mod Comparison

Post by scout1 »

Is there a "simple" comparison between the following mods (high level) discussion

1) RA
2) Treaty Mod
3) BTS
4) BTS Lite

Just trying to get an appreciation as to how do they vary from each other (don't need the nitty gritty) just an idea ....

Looking for a mod which provides a different perspective/challenges to both the Japanese and Allied player [8D]
Peever

RE: High level Mod Comparison

Post by Peever »

Off the top of my head:

Treaty Mod has the least changes. Some new CVL prototype carriers.

RA features a major overhaul of Japanese pre-war naval planning. Japan build more carriers than battleships, fewer types of air frames are used (the Navy bases all fighters around the Zero). Production is more streamlined for war than compared to stock. Ground units (SNLF troops are revised and repositioned). Ships, planes, and basses are more organized for war; forwarded bases are stocked with more supplies. The Home Islands are weaker economically since the country is better primed for war so you need to move faster to the the resources from the DEI to feed the larger than stock industry.

BTS combines the new ships from Treaty Mod with the advanced Japanese setup of RA.

BTS Lite is the same as BTS with the exception that Japan doesn't build the super heavy battleships and instead builds more "modern" fast battleships.

So all in all the Treaty Mod has the least changes, RA gives Japan a better starting position and more streamlined naval planning at the expense of a more "fragile" (not sure if that's the best word to describe it) economy. Japan is better prepared for war but must move faster than stock due to resource constraints. Between the Swords is just a combination of the two.

I should also note the Allies get some changes too. They get a few new ships to play with, and I believe some changes to starting unit locations. Port Morseby and Darwin get some extra starting troops compared to stock.
"Sergeant the Spanish bullet isn't made that will kill me," Bucky O'Neil seconds before receiving a fatal shot to the head at the battle of San Juan Hill.
scout1

Post by scout1 »

thanks ....

One additional one, does anyone have experience with "War on the Horizon" by Docup ?

There looks to have been a lot of activity for it in January, but little/no postings since then ?
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

ORIGINAL: Peever

Off the top of my head:

Treaty Mod has the least changes. Some new CVL prototype carriers.

RA features a major overhaul of Japanese pre-war naval planning. Japan build more carriers than battleships, fewer types of air frames are used (the Navy bases all fighters around the Zero). Production is more streamlined for war than compared to stock. Ground units (SNLF troops are revised and repositioned). Ships, planes, and basses are more organized for war; forwarded bases are stocked with more supplies. The Home Islands are weaker economically since the country is better primed for war so you need to move faster to the the resources from the DEI to feed the larger than stock industry.

BTS combines the new ships from Treaty Mod with the advanced Japanese setup of RA.

BTS Lite is the same as BTS with the exception that Japan doesn't build the super heavy battleships and instead builds more "modern" fast battleships.

So all in all the Treaty Mod has the least changes, RA gives Japan a better starting position and more streamlined naval planning at the expense of a more "fragile" (not sure if that's the best word to describe it) economy. Japan is better prepared for war but must move faster than stock due to resource constraints. Between the Swords is just a combination of the two.

I should also note the Allies get some changes too. They get a few new ships to play with, and I believe some changes to starting unit locations. Port Morseby and Darwin get some extra starting troops compared to stock.

One key change in BTS is the addition of the allied aircraft purchase system and training squadrons. The AAPS gives the allied player the option to spend PPs on additional aircraft, while the training squadrons on the West Coast really streamlines allied pilot training.
jakla1027

Post by jakla1027 »

good topic[:D]

and let's not forget Focus Pacific
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Scout1: Wars on the Horizon is based off of BTS. I have added a few German ground, air, and naval units along with a few Italian ships. I have changed the arrival date of several Japanese units in the beginning of the game ie 1st tank div is ready to be formed on day one. I am looking at other changes at the moment.

Allies are better prepared. They do a little better in ETO than in real life. France fights on, that plays out in my time line. Dutch get a lot of love in this mod for some reason. Most other nations will have things added or changed also.

Some never where ships and planes are added for flavor for both sides. I am close to an update. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Hope this helps.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”