Seeking German Opponent for Server [Closed]

For non-server PBEM games, post here to look for an opponent.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Michael T

Seeking German Opponent for Server [Closed]

Post by Michael T »

Seeking an experienced German opponent for the Sudden Death scenario with the HR and conditions set out below.

No disappearing types please.
Honourable players only.
1 or 2 turns per week.
We use the latest beta but only upgrade when we deem it safe to do so.
Preference will be given to long time posters on this forum.
First in will not necessarily be selected. I will vet all those interested before making a selection.
PM if interested. I will leave open for a few days or until I find the right person.

Note: It’s a server game. No reloads allowed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game Settings

Sudden Death 41CG scenario
Server game
Locked HQ Support
Full FOW
Non Random Weather or Random. Your choice.
Standard Blizzard
No +1 to Soviet Combat Odds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
House Rules

No Para drops at all
No bombing of HQ's unless stacked with a ground unit
No Night Bombing of Airfields

No naval invasions before November 1941, none outside the 1939 Soviet borders before January 1943 In addition if Sevastopol is either isolated, or in German hands, none west of the Crimea, which reflects the scope for air/naval interdiction not really reflected in the game. (This is Pelton’s rule)

Additional Sudden Death rules for 1941. Used to help prevent unrealistic Soviet retreat strategies in summer 1941 and to prevent unrealistic German retreats prior to and during the early blizzard period.

German SD victory check is made at the beginning of the German 4th December 1941 turn. If the German VP total is equal to or greater than 243 VP they win an Auto Victory.
Soviet SD victory check is made at the Beginning of the Soviet 1st January 1942 turn. If the German VP total is equal to or less than 205 VP then the Soviets win an Auto Victory.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the Conditions of the Sudden Death scenario (Lost Battles) in case you don’t have them.

Turns: 211
This campaign is a variant of the 1941-45 Campaign - Alt VC260 campaign, with the only change being additional sudden death victory conditions. The victory conditions are the same as that in the Alt VC260 campaign with the addition of three sudden death victory condition checks made during the campaign. The checks are made at the beginning of the first turn of April 1942, April 1943 and April 1944. If during one of these checks, a player is determined to have met their Sudden Death victory conditions, the game will immediately end and declare a Decisive Victory for the winner.

April 1942
German Victory if victory points are >=242 Soviet Victory if victory points are <=191

April 1943
German Victory if victory points are >=255 Soviet Victory if victory points are <=188

April 1944
German Victory if victory points are >=210 Soviet Victory if victory points are <=150

The Alt VC260 campaign victory conditions used in this campaign as well are:
• The Axis Decisive Victory level (Automatic Victory) is 260 instead of 290.
• The Soviet Major Victory timeframe ends on 31 March 1945 (instead of 31 May 1945) and the Soviet Minor Victory timeframe between 1 April 1945 and 30 June 1945.
• A draw occurs if Germany does not surrender by 1 July 1945 and the Axis has less than
142 victory points.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael T

RE: Seeking German Opponent for Server SD Game

Post by Michael T »

Where have all the crack Germans disappeared too? Are there any left?
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: Michael T

The majority of the people (90% plus from what I have seen) want to play the Soviets. Very few play the Germans these days. Then added to the fact you said, "crack" Germans that leaves even fewer still.
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Well I would settle for intermediate as no crack types seem to be around anymore. I am rusty after all, even more so as the Soviets.

Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I will give it one more day.
A game

Post by A game »

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

The majority of the people (90% plus from what I have seen) want to play the Soviets. Very few play the Germans these days. Then added to the fact you said, "crack" Germans that leaves even fewer still.

Its always been like this, there were never a lot of good german players. Playing Axis is just far more difficult so most people tend to go with Soviets.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Ha, ha , ha, this is funny, "plenty" (plenty means at least one) of ok axis players.

Michael's rules are ridiculous.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

What is ridiculous?
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

They are all pretty standard from what I can tell. And it's a Sudden Death scenario. With a small expansion of the Sudden Death VC.

I prefer SD as they deter crazy runaway strategies.

Please enlighten me as to what rule is ridiculous?
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

ok, just a matter of opinion, mine, except why no takers for what you call standard?

Will contact you by PM to discuss item by item. Maybe we can make some sense out of all this.

Bottom line is a guy like you should be getting plenty of offers, aynuh huh, something they say in my neck of the woods.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I get offers all the time. But I have limited time to play. So the people I do play have to meet certain standards. Otherwise I am wasting my time. This is not meant to sound elitist. It's just that I have been around a while and playing novices is not what I am about.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Logging in on Matrix screws up my desktop and have to do reset and waste time, enough.

Many have disappeared, this is correct.

No response to my PM's and emails, that says it.

Goodwill to all and to all a goodnight.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Closed. Opponent found. The honorable, Manstein63
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

Closed. Opponent found. The honorable, Manstein63

Will we have the pleasure of another AAR on this matchup?
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

If Sean is in agreement to that, yes.
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

I have no problem with Michael running an AAR so long as it is understood that any mistakes that are made by the Axis side are the responsibility of my Military Advisor F.M. Norbert Von Norbmiester.
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
STEF78

Post by STEF78 »

Argh, I've seen this proposal too late...

Maybe next time [;)]
GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4

Return to “Opponents Wanted”