New Scenario For Testing: The Romanian Incident

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

MichaelJCuozzo

New Scenario For Testing: The Romanian Incident

Post by MichaelJCuozzo »

My latest beta...NATO defense of the Aegis Ashore site in Romania from a Russian air effort aimed at destroying the site.

Time: May, 2017
Setting: Romania/Black Sea

An attack by infiltrators of unknown origin has damaged the Aegis Ashore site in Romania. While it is under repair NATO is reinforcing its forces in Romania, expecting that an overt Russian strike could be coming.

You take the role of the NATO commander tasked with defending the airspace above and around Aegis Ashore. The victory conditions are simple: if Aegis Ashore is not destroyed by the end of the game you win. If it is, then you lose.

This scenario is in its early stages of development. Revisions will be coming in future versions. As always, your thoughts, suggestions, observations, comments, ways to improve the scenario, etc are welcome.
Attachments
RomanianI..dent1.0.zip
(142.61 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Excroat3

RE: New Scenario For Testing: The Romanian Incident

Post by Excroat3 »

First impressions:

Is this scenario supposed to have unlimited weapons on?
bunch of russian aircraft have no mission
I stood no chance aganist the surge of 20+ Su-35s, but in hindsight I should have used the F-22s and not the romanian F-16s, which all got destroyed because the russians outranged my missiles

At this point all I have are some Mig-21s on CAP, I pray I don't have to deal with any more fighters

UPDATE:
Backfire strike came in, nothing I could do about it, it didn't outright destroy the site but it damaged it to 85% as well as killing the radars, so in reality a longer repair time but no destroy, win in my books. Might play this one and start out with the F-22s on cap, see what that does.

SIDE: Blue
===========================================================

LOSSES:
-------------------------------
3x Building (Aegis Ashore [AN/SPY-1D(V) MFR])
1x Building (Control Room)
1x Bunker (Comm Center)
2x EF2000 Eurofighter Typhoon
1x F 221 Regele Ferdinand [Type 22 Batch 2]
12x F-16AM Falcon MLU
4x F-16BM Falcon MLU
3x MiG-21 Fishbed [Lancer C, Fighter Variant]
2x Mk41 VLS [8 Cells]

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
3x AA-11 Archer [R-73]
15x AIM-120C-5 AMRAAM P3I.2
83x AIM-120C-7 AMRAAM P3I.3
6x AIM-9M Sidewinder
5x Generic Chaff Salvo [4x Cartridges]
48x Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]
15x Generic Chaff Salvo [8x Cartridges]
1x Generic Flare Salvo [3x Cartridges, Dual Spectral]
16x MIM-104E Patriot PAC-2 GEM+
16x MIM-104F Patriot PAC-3 ERINT
12x MIM-104F Patriot PAC-3 MSE
18x MIM-23P I-HAWK
2x Python 3
6x SA-2f Guideline Mod 1 [S-75M2 Volkhov, 5YA23 / V-759]

SIDE: Red
===========================================================

LOSSES:
-------------------------------
12x Su-24M2 Fencer D
2x Su-24MP Fencer F
8x Su-34 Fullback
20x Su-35S Flanker E

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
3x AA-10 Alamo A [R-27R, MR SARH]
1x AA-11 Archer [R-73]
89x AA-12 Adder B [R-77-1, RVV-SD]
48x AS-4 Kitchen D [Kh-32]
89x Generic Chaff Salvo [4x Cartridges]
19x Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]
2x Generic Flare Salvo [2x Cartridges, Single Spectral]
8x Generic Flare Salvo [4x Cartridges, Single Spectral]
4x UGST [Fizik-1]

Excroat3

Post by Excroat3 »

2nd time playing, F-22s helped, but were completely wiped once detected, all other NATO aircraft destroyed (except for Mig-21s). We destroyed the CAP push and the ground strike, but I have no defense against the backfires. Only solution I see is add more NATO fighters or remove Russian fighters.
MichaelJCuozzo

Post by MichaelJCuozzo »

ORIGINAL: Excroat3

First impressions:

Is this scenario supposed to have unlimited weapons on?
bunch of russian aircraft have no mission
I stood no chance aganist the surge of 20+ Su-35s, but in hindsight I should have used the F-22s and not the romanian F-16s, which all got destroyed because the russians outranged my missiles

At this point all I have are some Mig-21s on CAP, I pray I don't have to deal with any more fighters

UPDATE:
Backfire strike came in, nothing I could do about it, it didn't outright destroy the site but it damaged it to 85% as well as killing the radars, so in reality a longer repair time but no destroy, win in my books. Might play this one and start out with the F-22s on cap, see what that does.

It's a short scenario so I chose to keep unlimited weapons on. You can change that if you'd like, of course.

Originally, I was going to use the aircraft without missions for a follow-on effort, but I decided against it.

The Russian fighter sweep is a big challenge. I may either add more NATO fighters, drop the number of Russian fighters or try and twist the variables around.

Definitely experiment with CAPs and other NATO missions. There's a winning formula somewhere.
MichaelJCuozzo

Post by MichaelJCuozzo »

ORIGINAL: Excroat3

2nd time playing, F-22s helped, but were completely wiped once detected, all other NATO aircraft destroyed (except for Mig-21s). We destroyed the CAP push and the ground strike, but I have no defense against the backfires. Only solution I see is add more NATO fighters or remove Russian fighters.

Yep, you're right. I think when all is said and done, it boils down to either more NATO airframes or less Russian ones.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”