Theatre artillery and reallocation of fuel

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

Wavell1940

Theatre artillery and reallocation of fuel

Post by Wavell1940 »

I recently bought DC Barbarossa and thoroughly enjoyed playing the game, esp. the RPG elements. I have a few brief questions and would be very grateful for any help. I played German side Easy Mode v.103p. Apologies if I have missed anything in the manual or threads.

1. Theatre artillery. This takes 4 days to deploy to an Army/Division, even in the Mud season. Would it be possible to devise a more realistic time scale for redeployment as per the Siege Artillery, including distance, terrain, weather etc?

2. How can you change the allocation of fuel from the main supply base (not FSB) to different Panzergruppes? I could not find any reports or cards that enabled a player to do this.

3. Loss Assessment (Manual 12.2). A minor point, but does the initial figure (e.g. 1800 in Manual example) mean 1800 killed or does it mean 1800 killed, wounded and missing (with the exact wounded and missing figures then following in brackets)?

4. Despite playing with the Geneva Convention option switched on, I was still assessed for War Crimes. Is this a bug?

A previous post went astray, so hopefully this one with get through. Looking forward to playing the other DC titles and future upgrades for Barbarossa.

Best wishes,
Andrew

lancer

RE: Theatre artillery and reallocation of fuel

Post by lancer »

Hi Andrew,

1. A more realistic time scale would be nice but game play trumps realism here. It's kept at a standard one turn for reallocation in order to make it easily understood and manageable.

2.You'd be referring to AGC here as they are the only theatre with two PG's? You can't specify which PG the fuel goes to. There's a section in the manual that talks about why it's been designed this way (6.1.6.18 Compromises, p.192).

3.Yes. 1800 killed, wounded and missing. A portion of the wounded will return and are factored into the replacement rate.

4. Shouldn't be happening. Might be an Easy Mode issue that's slipped through the cracks. I'll take a look.

Cheers,
Cameron
Wavell1940

Post by Wavell1940 »

Many thanks, Cameron. Regarding point 2, I was actually referring to whether it's possible to change the percentage allocation of fuel between theatres after the pre-start turn (rather than between individual PGs in the same theatre). I should have made this clearer in my initial post. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Andrew
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Andrew,

Yep, you can do that through a decision - "Fuel Allocation". It appears every so often and should appear early one (timing varies each play through). Once you change allocations another decision will trigger at a later point allowing you to revert back to the original allocation, if desired.

The Wehrmacht was 'fuel challenged' right from the start of Barbarossa so any changes you make to allocations will have a big impact.

Cheers,
Cameron

Return to “Tech Support”