Velocity Micro

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wings7

Velocity Micro

Post by wings7 »

Anyone ever bought a "Velocity Micro" gaming rig? They are selling them with the new NVIDIA GTX 1080! [:)] Velocity Micro has gotten good reviews in the past...

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Gilmer

RE: Velocity Micro

Post by Gilmer »

If I were you, I'd build my own. I built my most recent game and used all EVGA, Corsair, and Samsung parts. I'm enjoying it a lot. It runs War in the East like a top! Of course I only put a 980TI in it.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

If I were you, I'd build my own. I built my most recent game and used all EVGA, Corsair, and Samsung parts. I'm enjoying it a lot. It runs War in the East like a top! Of course I only put a 980TI in it.

Thanks, I'm not as patient as you, plus I really want that GTX 1080! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: wings7

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

Thanks, I'm not as patient as you, plus I really want that GTX 1080! [:)]

Well, then, I will say I have seen the Velocity computers get some fairly decent ratings when I was looking around recently.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

I had a Velocity Micro gaming laptop circa 2007 and it did a good job. Got really hot which I think wore it out eventually.

I would second the suggestion to consider building your own. It's really not that hard, there are videos on YouTube that show you exactly how to do everything. Main thing is picking out compatible and optimal parts for what you want to achieve, and there are resources for that as well. Check out PC Part Picker
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

I always regret buying reference versions of GPUs because they are always louder.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

I've owned a "Velocity Micro" and it was fine. The best computer I've ever owned is a Puget Systems PC. I've had it 5 3/4 years. Their tech support is A++.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: stormbringer3

I've owned a "Velocity Micro" and it was fine. The best computer I've ever owned is a Puget Systems PC. I've had it 5 3/4 years. Their tech support is A++.

Wow...thanks, this company and computers looks impressive [X(]...are the desktops really that quite?
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Yes they are. The Serenity line, which I currently own, specializes in quiet running. I'm going to get a new PC soon and I'm going to definitely buy another Puget Systems PC.

Return to “General Discussion”