Torpedo Reliability

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

101Man

Torpedo Reliability

Post by 101Man »

I'm playing the Allies and I have historical torps on. It's early Dec 1942 and the manual mentions reliability getting better in '43 and '44. My question is does the game have a command where you can see torpedo percentages by either nation or type?
Dili

RE: Torpedo Reliability

Post by Dili »

In the tracker you have the device database easily accessible, you can restrict it just to torpedoes.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

In the words of HansBolter, what "really chaps me" is that there's no TF screen button for subs that says "damn the torpedoes and ram!"

101Man

Post by 101Man »

Understand. But I don't understand why when you command the depth charge tab info you get an accuracy number but not for the torpedo tab
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: 101Man

Understand. But I don't understand why when you command the depth charge tab info you get an accuracy number but not for the torpedo tab

Not sure what data you're seeking here. The dud rate evolution is controlled as per the manual, with beginning dud rates visible in the editor. They're scenario-specific.

Torpedo miss rates are a function, I believe, of the CO's stats, the crew experience, and random(s). If you want full torpedo data either the editor or Tracker.
The Moose
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

In the words of HansBolter, what "really chaps me" is that there's no TF screen button for subs that says "damn the torpedoes and ram!"
Just put in a very AGRESSIVE captain. He'll get in gun battles with destroyers. [:D]
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Just put in a very AGRESSIVE captain. He'll get in gun battles with destroyers.

Had that happen. It did not end well.[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
ndworl

Post by ndworl »

ORIGINAL: rustysi
Just put in a very AGRESSIVE captain. He'll get in gun battles with destroyers.

Had that happen. It did not end well.[:D]

Should have built a few of these. A 12 inch gun would have surprised a few destroyer captains.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_M-class_submarine

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”