Soviet AT Brigades.

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

rmonical

Soviet AT Brigades.

Post by rmonical »

Does anybody build these? The 42 version is a little lame, but by '43 they are gun heavy again and light on manpower and trucks.
ericv

RE: Soviet AT Brigades.

Post by ericv »

I never bother. They seemed to me to be defense-oriented, not much going on on that level in 1943 if you play right. Might be something for Briang though in his game against sillyflower
wga8888

Post by wga8888 »

In the boardgame, Soviet AT brigades are critical units and built in mass in 1941-1943 as have the attack strength of all Axis armor and mechanized units. Ideally the soviet line becomes 1xfort, 1x5-5 Guards infantry, 1xAT Brigade; for a net 14 defense. A single German stack maxes out at 24 infantry or 40 armor, halfed to 20 due to the ATGs. German Mech/Armor tend to go where AT Brigades are not; letting infantry stacks deal with those parts of the line. Then the Soviet players start to be cashed in to regain arms points as Axis lost the strategic intiative in the later part of 1945 to build Soviet armor and mech corps. .

In Matrix WITE, it is hard to judge the effectiveness of the initial AT Soviet brigades are if they are put in a mini line in front of the German panzer corps, 1 per hex on top of other defenders.

The new ones my soviets get in the rear on T7 (near Sverdlovsk, <20% TOE) I leave there, as there are no units to feed to them in the pool; 76mm Antitank guns F-22; 85mm AA guns, 37mm ATGs.
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

They do some damage to panzer divisions in defense. (Having one can raise german looses from 2/3 tanks to 10/15).

They also prevent fortifications to decay, which can be quite usefull.

But they have very little staying power so alone they will not resist at all to any attack.

Maybe there some strategy that can use them.( Such as using them in reserve to activate, giving one or two to all army).

But the main problem is that a strategy like this is political points heavy and political points are rare.
Brakes are for cowards !!

Return to “The War Room”