Counter Battery Question & Off Map

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

Deathtreader

Counter Battery Question & Off Map

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi,

After perusing the manual and several "what's new" documents I would just like to confirm that my understanding of current counter battery mechanics are correct:

1/ On map friendly arty counter battery orders will target on map enemy arty BUT NOT off map enemy arty.

2/ Off map friendly arty counter battery orders will target BOTH on map and off map enemy arty.

Yes, No, Maybe?? [:D]

Thanks!

Rob.[:)]
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
CapnDarwin

RE: Counter Battery Question & Off Map

Post by CapnDarwin »

1. Yes.
2. Off map should target on-map and off-map arty that shoots is subject to "off map" retaliation, but your own off map forces to do not target enemy off map arty.

Hopefully that makes it clear. Let me know.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Deathtreader

RE: Counter Battery Question & Off Map

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi,

Yup, it does. Thanks!

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”