How is the Xbox One doing as well as it is?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

ngomaichi

How is the Xbox One doing as well as it is?

Post by ngomaichi »

The majority of the internet hates the system from youtube, to online game journalists, everywhere you look there's xbox one hate even urban dictionary slang for average human beings says the xbox one is garbage. This is all just very bad, you can't have your consoles slang be garbage to humans its just not good for business.

There is no print gaming magazines anymore. So all that stuff has moved to the internet. So that means all the media has been against the xbox one.

Sony's e3 trailers all have millions of views for new IP games like horizon, tons of online hype for brand new things.

Microsoft game trailers have very little views and less hype. In the age of gaming being on the online that's just horrible right?

You need hype online you need views you need people on your side.

You got gaming journalists who don't even own an xbox one or a PC or even a WiiU! Some of them only have a ps4 that's the only system they have that's how they review games.

Things are not going well at all. Back in the day everyone was reviewing games on xbox 360 and the controller was everywhere and trailers would get tons of views like gears of war and halo 3.

The xbox one isn't doing what the 360 did and that's a problem. Is anyone concerned or anything sea of thieves has like 2000 subscribers on youtube games like Bloodborne has like millions.

Something is wrong with the xbox one and its games they just aren't popping and lighting the world on fire like the 360 did, yet it still manage to sell some units.

I bought mine for Halo MCC, and all my friends just watch hulu on it or play neverwinter online the system is a disaster imo for gaming.
MrsWargamer

RE: How is the Xbox One doing as well as it is?

Post by MrsWargamer »

If my observations are true, console gamers are like war gamers..... they will buy anything and everything ie they will have a PS4 and an XBox One because they buy everything.

All the gamers I know have indeed bought both machines at some point. They just can't seem to help themselves.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
JosephM

Post by JosephM »

Well, a quick Google search shows that the XBox 1 is doing better than the 360. I think out of the two main consoles the PS4 is selling better. It is about 60:40 in favour of the PS4. I think with Consoles though it is always more related to brand loyalty. If you had a PS3 you are more likely to buy a PS4, and if you had a 360 you are more likely to buy a one.

http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one- ... ruary-2014
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

See post below
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

I think it might have something to do with backwards compatibility. Seems like PS4 has more backwards compatible games.

It is the same reason I never upgraded to Win7 or 8 or 8.1 or now Win10. I have a large library of games that all work on Vista 64 and XP and I'm not gonna upgrade till I have to and then maybe not.
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

I hate sony products. Always seem to break or have issues for me, plus they cost more generally speaking and have proprietary parts. So when I decide to get a new console for the kids, it will be a xbox. I also own Wii. When I google the exclusives between PS and xbox, there's nothing I care to play for sony as well. Sony's exclusives all get these rave reviews like final fantasy, that when I played in the distant past, are cumbersome and plain suck.

Win 7 and win 10 play all my old games just fine.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

Because of Jane on Outsidexbox on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfcE9Xq-Cx4

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i have an xbox and xbox one, but not a PS4, Destiny rocks, also not a sony fan either, they make nice stuff, but tend to sometimes be higher cost than needed, bit like Apple imo
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: ngomaichi

There is no print gaming magazines anymore. So all that stuff has moved to the internet. So that means all the media has been against the xbox one.

PC Gamer still does a print version (and digital version) and do a great job IMHO. [:)]
http://www.pcgamer.com/subscribe-to-pc-gamer-us/

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: wings7

ORIGINAL: ngomaichi

PC Gamer still does a print version (and digital version) and do a great job IMHO. [:)]
http://www.pcgamer.com/subscribe-to-pc-gamer-us/

Patrick
Finland too has at least 1 (video) game magazine still in print.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
jamus34

Post by jamus34 »

I had both a 360 and a PS3 die on me. PS3 lasted a heck of a lot longer than the 360 did. Overall PC's last a heck of a lot longer for me than consoles. I typically get 2 console cycles out of every PC I build; and the games (when factoring digital sales) are a ton cheaper.

That said, I have not upgraded to the next gen. I use my PS3 sparingly for gaming (more for blu ray and streaming) and I think I've turned on my 360 2x in the past 2 years.

Console gaming had faded for me for 3 primary reasons: 1) My game preferences have changed / matured 2) To play MP (which isn't really huge for me anyway but is what almost all consoles games emphasize anymore) you need to now pay for the service and 3) Neither system has that "killer app" that makes me want to run out and pick it up.

Challerain

Post by Challerain »

I think it might have something to do with backwards compatibility. Seems like PS4 has more backwards compatible games.

It is the same reason I never upgraded to Win7 or 8 or 8.1 or now Win10. I have a large library of games that all work on Vista 64 and XP and I'm not gonna upgrade till I have to and then maybe not.

PS4 has NO backwards compatibility with PS3 and very little with PS2
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Challerain

And how many does Xbox 360 have?
TonyAAA

Post by TonyAAA »

aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Yep, you are right and Xbox One looks like it has many or going to have many once the backwards compatibility launches or has it already launched?
radic202

Post by radic202 »

I own both or actually 3 of each (PS4 and XBox One)(large house and they make great media servers). But anyhow, I can't remember the last time I turned my Xbox One on to play a game, Tomb Raider was the last time as it was an exclusive to that system but it is coming to PS4 I think later this year. I can see my gaming library from my desk and I have 29 PS4 Games stacked up and only 5 Xbox One Games, the main reason: almost or no RPGs for the XBox One. Do I join into the console war? No I prefer the PS4 because of that, RPGS and JRPGS as well I can cross save some games to the PS Vita (FFX for example)and continue playing when I am away form the house and reload the save via cloud to play on the PS4 when I want. I DO NOT or very rarely play FPS games which tend to be what Xbox One seems to specialize in. So I do not think one system is better then the other just that one system has many more games that I like vs the other.
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Challerain

Post by Challerain »

Yep, you are right and Xbox One looks like it has many or going to have many once the backwards compatibility launches or has it already launched?

Already launched and slowly rolling out titles. Just came up with a way to allow multi disk games (such as Mass Effect 3) to now be backwards compatible.

Return to “General Discussion”