Order of Battle goes global!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Lukas, Erik2

AlbertoC

Order of Battle goes global!

Post by AlbertoC »

Order of Battle fans, we have big news for you. The game previously known as Order of Battle: Pacific is being restructured into Order of Battle: World War II, a bigger project with a wider scope and the goal of featuring multiple fronts of World War II.

Order of Battle: Pacific is going to be split into three different products:

Order of Battle: World War II, featuring the bootcamp missions and the first mission of each DLC.
• The Order of Battle: U.S. Pacific DLC, featuring the American Pacific campaign.
• The Order of Battle: Rising Sun DLC, featuring the Japanese Pacific campaign.

Now hold on to your seats! Order of Battle WORLD WAR II will be available to everyone for free! It contains the bootcamp scenarios plus the first scenario of every DLC (including future ones), and they are completely free. You will be able to try the game, play several scenarios and decide if you’d like to buy the DLCs.

Important: if you own Order of Battle: Pacific you’ll be given free keys for the two DLCs, Rising Sun and U.S. Pacific, plus any other DLC you already own!

That’s not all: in order to unlock the fully-featured editor and every single faction in multiplayer only a single DLC purchase is needed!

Ok, here is an example of what you can expect from this system.

Below is the campaign screen that you’ll see if you’re a newcomer to the series and you have never purchased the base game. You have immediate access to the bootcamp campaign (at the top) and all of the other campaigns (which are DLCs) are grayed out but you can still click on them!

Let’s click on the US Marines campaign (at the bottom). A description is displayed on the left panel and now two buttons have appeared on the right. If you click on “Try Campaign”, you’ll be able to see the campaign screen and launch the first scenario, which is Solomon Islands.

So you can enjoy this scenario with absolutely no restrictions.

After a few hours of intense combat, you finally beat the scenario and switch to the next one in this campaign (which is Guadalcanal).

Now you can read the briefing, deploy your units and plan your future moves. But when you’ll press end turn, you’ll see the following screen. Either you want to continue your amazing wargaming experience and purchase the DLC to unlock the whole campaign or you can quit and go back to the main menu. In any case, your progression is saved so even if you decide to purchase the campaign later, you’ll be able to keep the experience that your units earned in the first scenario.

Also, as mentioned previously, the editor, multiplayer modes and community content are not available in the free version, but you only need to own one of the DLCs to instantly unlock this content!

Finally, here is an example of what happens when you buy (or already own) a DLC of Order of Battle: World War II. Every single campaign owned appears with bright colors in the campaign screen. Also instead of the buttons previously displayed, you now have a “Launch” button. Click on it and you’re ready for a full campaign of amazing scenarios!

CrazyBear

RE: Order of Battle goes global!

Post by CrazyBear »

I was looking at buying this game June 1or 2 How can I get the global free copy see if I like it before I buy the full version .Or do I buy any DLC and the other free content included . I wanted to try this on my upgraded computer as first game buy
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

The free version isn't out yet. If you are interested in the Pacific War campaigns however, there is no real reason to wait: the current "Pacific" game is essentially the same as the free version + the two Pacific campaigns. The latter will just split the content up in 2 seperate products, each half the price of the original combined game.

It will however be interesting for people who first want to try the game/campaigns before purchasing, or are only interested in European front campaigns and don't want the Pacific content (yet).
TheWombat_matrixforum

Post by TheWombat_matrixforum »

How is the transition going to be handled? If we have the game via Steam, for instance, will it automagically convert the package to the new version? Will it eat the old version and replace it? Curious as to how this is going to play out.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

IIRC: On Steam the current Order of Battle Pacific product will be renamed and rebranded into OoB WW2, and thus become the free version. Anyone who owned OOBP before this date will automatically receive the US Pacific and Rising Sun DLCs for free (= the original 2 OoBP campaigns).

From the user's end, the conversion should be pretty simple although it may take a day or two to get everything sorted out during the transition period.
TheWombat_matrixforum

Post by TheWombat_matrixforum »

ORIGINAL: Lukas

IIRC: On Steam the current Order of Battle Pacific product will be renamed and rebranded into OoB WW2, and thus become the free version. Anyone who owned OOBP before this date will automatically receive the US Pacific and Rising Sun DLCs for free (= the original 2 OoBP campaigns).

From the user's end, the conversion should be pretty simple although it may take a day or two to get everything sorted out during the transition period.

Ok, sounds cool. Thanks.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

What about OOB Marines? I have OOB Pacific and Morning Sun. So free MS would not help me [;)]

Why do I keep thinking "Rising Sun" dlc?
Darth Holliday

Post by Darth Holliday »

ORIGINAL: Lukas

That clears things up a little bit....I think Ill wait to purchase and see how it works out..
"Let's not forget, George Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British. He shot them.”
RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

im confused...

i have OOB: Pacific and all DLCs...is there anything i need to do?
"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)
FlashXAron_slith

Post by FlashXAron_slith »

FITS BETTER here ...

So any Chance that this Game Series will get a "Great Strategy" AddOn, where we also get an economic/Research/diplo part and a whole World Map, like it is in HOI IV , but please not that simple like that dumbed down HOI IV Version !

Never understood that this haven't been done from ANY GAMEDEVELOPER, as it would be unique on the game market for roundbased games (HOI is RTS) !!!

Anyway played all Panzer Game Clones ever published and at the Moment I like this the most,
well done DEVS and maybe you are the Team, who could handle a Great Strategy approache :-)

Wish you the best ...

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II”