Editing Problem

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Mac Linehan

Editing Problem

Post by Mac Linehan »

Gents-

I am using Andy Mac's "Return to Wake as a sandbox- to experiment and learn each aspect of the game.

Currently, I have edited and moved the IJN 4th Fleet Naval HQ (ID 20) to Roi-Namur (Location 490). For some reason, the 90 Naval support squads included in the HQ are displayed in the HQ sub menu, but not in the Roi-Namur Base menu; and as a result are not considered present nor added to the size 3 port (native 40) rearm menu. Note: the base stacking limit is at 5908 out of 6000.

I have some experience editing, and have carefully reviewed all the data field entries, to ensure I have not missed or made an error.

The Pearl Harbor base display reflects the presence of Naval Support.

Am at loss as to what I have missed, and would greatly appreciate any and all help from the Smart Guys... <grin>

Thank You for your assistance.

Mac
LAV-25 2147
BBfanboy

RE: Editing Problem

Post by BBfanboy »

Try running a turn and then check the NS for the base. The game often does not update info until it runs it in a turn.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

BBfanboy-

Excellent advice, I will do so. I also have the game installed on a newer computer, and will add the HQ and see what happens.

Thank You for your help, Sir.

What an awesome game. I have two campaign scenarios that are moving very slowly, but am currently playing as described above just to do carrier battles, sub patrols and the like in order to gain a better understanding of the base mechanics.

Mac
LAV-25 2147
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Another example of a late turn update- I had a new air unit arrive at San Francisco and wanted to immediately upgrade it, but the game would not let me despite meeting all the HQ, Airbase size, supply and aircraft pools criteria. After I ran the turn I could then do the upgrade.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “The War Room”