Help with Leningrad Siege campaign game

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

manofwar

Help with Leningrad Siege campaign game

Post by manofwar »

Does anyone have a good tactic to capture Leningrad? It's a tough cookie.I'm banging my head against an iron wall(41st Pz xxx and 39th xxx,head on). 1 : 1.48 odds does'nt cut it. I'm at turn 15.
rainman2015

RE: Help with Leningrad Siege campaign game

Post by rainman2015 »

ORIGINAL: manofwar

Does anyone have a good tactic to capture Leningrad? It's a tough cookie.I'm banging my head against an iron wall(41st Pz xxx and 39th xxx,head on). 1 : 1.48 odds does'nt cut it. I'm at turn 15.

Do a search of the War in the East forums with Leningrad as the key word, lots of stuff on it. No way you take it without it first being isolated and the defenders strengths reduced, however

Randy
:)
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Put as much LW as possible to AGN. Bomb the port (not in L'grad) until zero capacity; defenders will waste away. Still takes some time.
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: rrbill

Put as much LW as possible to AGN. Bomb the port (not in L'grad) until zero capacity; defenders will waste away. Still takes some time.

In the old rules this was very viable, not so much now. The new air rules for Port Bombing (2 bombings a turn & less damage on port) along with a stubborn Russian opponent defense of putting a plethora of fighters can make this task extremely difficult if not impossible against a good Russian. I personally wont throw bombers at it, I just go for the right hook and let the defenders sit isolated for 8+ turns to kill the Manpower population.
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
manofwar

Post by manofwar »

Duh!X! I missed the bridge at 82,17.

Return to “The War Room”