[IMPRV B827] Custom Layer Manager - Add Layer: Nothing happens

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Dimitris

RE: Custom Layer Manager - Add Layer: Nothing happens

Post by Dimitris »

That's curious.

When processing the georef file, we explicitly swap commas with periods and use an en-US culture context for the double-parse in order to ensure there are no culture mismatches.

We'll try to make this a bit more bulletproof.
I1066

Post by I1066 »

Be pragmatic, parse it with a Regex and just avoid all the hassle with culture and stuff.

And don't hide any exceptions, at the very least, log then to the Windows Application log so people don't need to hook up a debugger to see the exceptions.

When you are at it, move the cursor to the center after zooming in, so further zooming don't reposition the map again.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: I1066
Be pragmatic, parse it with a Regex and just avoid all the hassle with culture and stuff.

And don't hide any exceptions, at the very least, log then to the Windows Application log so people don't need to hook up a debugger to see the exceptions.

Yes, master.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

When you are at it, move the cursor to the center after zooming in, so further zooming don't reposition the map again.

There is an option for that.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Stop giving D a hard time. He's sold a lot of games, won a few awards and most of us think the world of him. He's doing a good job and taking on big challenges to give people a great game experience. He doesn't need to put up with this Jr. Programmer childish shit.

Mike
I1066

Post by I1066 »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

There's an option to zoom to the cursor position, but after the initial zoom, the cursor should be moved to the center since it is likely you want to zoom to the point where you initially positioned the cursor, and not the to place on the map where the cursor happen to point after the initial zoom.
I1066

Post by I1066 »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk
Stop giving D a hard time. He's sold a lot of games, won a few awards and most of us think the world of him. He's doing a good job and taking on big challenges to give people a great game experience. He doesn't need to put up with this Jr. Programmer childish shit.

Mike

You are welcome.
I acknowledge the appreciation after spending several hour trying to find a bug in a software I bought and paid for.
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

Where is thewood1 when he's really needed?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

That money bought you the game not the right to abuse our programmer or anybody else with your stupid lectures on what's pragmatic or how to program anything.

Mike
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: Kitchens Sink

Where is thewood1 when he's really needed?

LOL exactly.

Mike
I1066

Post by I1066 »

That money bought you the game not the right to abuse our programmer or anybody else with your stupid lectures on what's pragmatic or how to program anything.

Mike

Exactly which part of parsing a double with a regex, to avoid OS related culture issues, is stupid?
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

There's an option to zoom to the cursor position, but after the initial zoom, the cursor should be moved to the center since it is likely you want to zoom to the point where you initially positioned the cursor, and not the to place on the map where the cursor happen to point after the initial zoom.

Fair point; Added.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I'll step in after this craphead builds his own game. Please give him a refund and cancel his membership.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Mike

Exactly which part of parsing a double with a regex, to avoid OS related culture issues, is stupid?

Nothing. Its lecturing and needling another programmer that stupid and annoying. Mostly because you don't have to.

Thanks

Mike
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I feel better.
I1066

Post by I1066 »

Nothing. Its lecturing and needling another programmer that stupid and annoying. Mostly because you don't have to.

Thanks

Mike

So in what way does telling a paying customer he is stupid and annoying, after he spent several hours debugging your software, help solving the problem?
And is this something you have to do?
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Article 56, paragraph 27 of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Code:

When a customer is being a dink, proprietor is allowed to respond aggressively and with prejudice.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks

Mike

So in what way does telling a paying customer he is stupid and annoying, after he spent several hours debugging your software, help solving the problem?
And is this something you have to do?

Sorry that took you hours to do.

Mike
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Well maybe he'll learn to let the professionals do it next time. Would save everyone.
I1066

Post by I1066 »

I don't mind helping out, especially since I know the frustration you feel when you can't reproduce a problem.
I do mind being intentionally insulted and told I'm stupid and annoying when spending time working together with you to solve a problem in your software.
And on top of that thewood1 comes in from nowhere and joins the insulting while being supported by a moderator.

Return to “Tech Support”