Shift Click and Ctrl-M

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Deathtreader

Shift Click and Ctrl-M

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi,

I've noticed that:

1/ Using Shift Click no longer shows a bar on all units and HQ in the same formation,

2/ Control M is no longer an option on the options list nor works in the game. Haven't used this ever before but it does appear in the game manual.

Using the production version of 11.5

Rob.

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
CapnDarwin

RE: Shift Click and Ctrl-M

Post by CapnDarwin »

Ctrl-M was taken out before release, but was missed in the docs. I think one of the What's New docs noted the issue.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Ctrl-M was taken out before release, but was missed in the docs. I think one of the What's New docs noted the issue.

Thanks!

What about shift-click? Does it draw a bar for you on all units in the same formation? This feature no longer works for me since 11.5.

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Try alt and control click. One does not work with limited orders too, but I'm not where I can check out the particulars.

cbelva

Post by cbelva »

I just checked it (shift-click) out and it DOES NOT appear to working. It was working in the build just before this.

I forwarded to Rob to look at.
Charles Belva
IronManBeta

Post by IronManBeta »

Alt-Click now highlights the unit with a normal sized cursor frame and also highlights all direct subordinates with a narrow cursor frame. Is that what we are talking about? It still works for me in the current build. I will check further.
IronManBeta

Post by IronManBeta »

Also, shift-left click is used to build a group of units to which you will assign a common order. Could that be what you were thinking of instead?

Cheers, Rob C
IronManBeta

Post by IronManBeta »

OK, Cap'n Darwin just showed it to me. I will find and fix it.
IronManBeta

Post by IronManBeta »

Fixed for the next beta now. Thanks for pointing this out!

Rob
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

ORIGINAL: Deathtreader

Hi,

I've noticed that:

1/ Using Shift Click no longer shows a bar on all units and HQ in the same formation,

Rob.

It's baaack!! You no longer get the yellowish band on all units of the same formation by shift-clicking on an HQ or any of it's subordinates.

Rob.

Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Hi Rob, when I click ctrl and select a unit the yellow band shows on units that are part of the same unit, is that what you are meaning?

Or am I getting ggetting it confused with another feature...

Also does the shift clicking of various units to give a overall order work when limited orders are on?

Cheers

Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

ORIGINAL: highlandcharge

Hi Rob, when I click ctrl and select a unit the yellow band shows on units that are part of the same unit, is that what you are meaning?

Or am I getting ggetting it confused with another feature...

Also does the shift clicking of various units to give a overall order work when limited orders are on?

Cheers

Hiya!

As far as I know:

Control-click highlights the entire perimeter of the unit counter and allows you to create ad hoc groups.

Alt-click highlights the entire perimeter of all units in a particular formation and allows you to give orders to all it's units at once.

Shift-click is info only and draws a single band thru the center of all units in the same formation. This was fixed for 11.5 but seems to be broken again.

Rob.[:)]

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Shift-clicking has always allowed for multiple selection of units and places the yellow outline around the counter.

Alt-clicking a HQ unit will select the HQ and all subordinate units below it. Useful for group orders (assuming limited orders are off).

Ctrl-Clicking any unit will yellow band the counter ID in the center of all units in that formation and its HQ. If you Ctrl-click the high HQ, you then highlight all of the subordinate HQs to that high HQ. You cannot issue orders with this command. This was added some time back to allow folks using limited orders to identify all units of a formation (HQ and subs).

Hope that helps. And yes, Ctrl-M was dropped before launch of the game and was missed in the game manual. [;)]

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”