[FIXED B827] Planes in limbo (v1.11 B825)

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Excroat3

[FIXED B827] Planes in limbo (v1.11 B825)

Post by Excroat3 »

So, what I did here was I assigned a 4 ship of F/A-18s to CAP (mission), and 2 took off, and began orbiting, waiting for the other 2. At this point, enemy fighters decided to charge at my aircraft, so I took the 2 aircraft airborne, unassigned them from the CAP mission, and had them attack and kill the incoming aircraft. They ran out of missiles afterwards so I had them RTB. When I looked at the 2 aircraft that were supposed to take off after them, they had not taken off and instead showed that they were "returning to base" even though they have not taken off. I can't do anything to these aircraft, because when I try something, I get a message telling me that the aircraft are already airborne, even though they are not. The aircraft in question are Warlords #11 and #12, under the 20 F/A-18A tab on the CVBG.
Attachments
PlaneinLimbobug.zip
(127.92 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
stolypin

RE: Planes in limbo (v1.11 B825)

Post by stolypin »

I experienced this several times in one scenario using one of the pre-B825 builds (B822 maybe?). I could do nothing with the aircraft and they eventually crashed for lack of fuel.
Excroat3

Post by Excroat3 »

ORIGINAL: stolypin

I experienced this several times in one scenario using one of the pre-B825 builds (B822 maybe?). I could do nothing with the aircraft and they eventually crashed for lack of fuel.
I actually kept playing the scenario after posting this save, and that's exactly what happened
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

Tried the save. Am curious as to how Group 2101 (consisting of Warlord 11 & 12) ended up off the coast of Sierra Leone ~4000 nm from the Midway CVBG. That probably explains why they run out of fuel but begs the question as to how they got there in the first place.

-C

Attachments
LostAirGroup.jpg
LostAirGroup.jpg (442.34 KiB) Viewed 128 times
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

Believe it or not, this has happened to me in a completely different scenario in a different part of the world. An errant mission ended up showing "returning to base" while still parked at an airfield. The planes somehow ended up in the exact same spot, off the coast of Sierra Leone. I don't have a save, it was months ago that it happened.

Maybe that location is the Graveyard for Aborted Missions [&:]
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

Never seen anything like this before. Perhaps an earlier save might be of more help in determining what's going on.

-C
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

If I'm not mistaken, that location is:

Latitude 0.00, Longitude 0.00 (no foolin)

(Insert theme music from Twilight Zone Here)
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

ORIGINAL: Kitchens Sink

If I'm not mistaken, that location is:

Latitude 0.00, Longitude 0.00 (no foolin)

(Insert theme music from Twilight Zone Here)
Nope, that location (0 degrees lat and long) is in the Bight of Benin, some 2800 nm away from the group.

-C
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

Hm. I looked at a map and it shows it's in the Gulf of Guinea, very close to where Mystery Group 2101 is located...the intersection of the Prime Meridian and the Equator.

I thought that possibly something went haywire with a bug, and the unit default-located to lat 0.00, long 0.00

Excroat3

Post by Excroat3 »

ORIGINAL: Randomizer

Never seen anything like this before. Perhaps an earlier save might be of more help in determining what's going on.

-C
You could replicate the issue (I think) by having a group of 4 planes take off from a single unit airfield, wait until 2/4 are airborne, then detach the 2 airborne planes from the group and have them RTB. Assigning the group to a mission before it takes off might help, as that is what I did when the problem occurred. That way you can see the issue actually occurring instead of just the aftermath.

Just for good measure, linked are 2 screenshots I took of the aircraft still in my Air Ops tab

http://imgur.com/a/el62O

michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

If would have been easier to check this from a save before detaching the group, but I have managed to create one for you where this can be reproduced.
The save is setup with the CAP mission as a 4-plane group (as described earlier) and the lead/wingman have taken off and cycle the CV. Before the final 2 planes take off, un-assign the group from the CAP mission (press U).
What happens now is the 2 planes on the CV, become airborne and get located at location 0,0 (after about 1 minute) and RTB.
If you are quick enough you can see information in the log showing that all planes in the group have been unassigned as expected.

If you had detached the 2 airborne planes, and then unassigned them, the other 2 planes would have made their own group and launched normally
Attachments
b3detachinglead.zip
(110.3 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Michael
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Added to our list. Thanks for looking into this guys!

Mike
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

ORIGINAL: Kitchens Sink

Hm. I looked at a map and it shows it's in the Gulf of Guinea, very close to where Mystery Group 2101 is located...the intersection of the Prime Meridian and the Equator.

I thought that possibly something went haywire with a bug, and the unit default-located to lat 0.00, long 0.00

Nope. Use the bearing and distance tool provided in CMANO or Google Earth for that matter. Whatever is happening here, it's something else.

-C
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

I guess we are talking about two different things:
https://www.geolounge.com/zero-degrees- ... longitude/

When this happened to me on a diff scenario, I caught the planes right after they "teleported" to the African coast, and they were right at 0,0 lat/long heading home.

Group 2101 is on a heading home and has been flying for 1 hr 58 mins on a heading line that takes it from the 0,0 area to it's base. I think it is possible that it started out at 0,0.

Not saying that it's related, just saying that it's curious that two diff scenarios in diff locations sent planes to the same location on the globe.
Attachments
0lat0long.jpg
0lat0long.jpg (9.99 KiB) Viewed 128 times
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

ORIGINAL: michaelm
What happens now is the 2 planes on the CV, become airborne and get located at location 0,0 (after about 1 minute) and RTB.

Just read this after my last post. Thanks for solving the 0,0 mystery...it was driving me batty!
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Thanks guys, fixed in B827 [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Rag has also agreed to doing the limbo, on you tube, for putting your planes in limbo!

Mike
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Not sure you would want to watch that, though...

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Tech Support”