Frustration...

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

NewportGames

Frustration...

Post by NewportGames »

I was playing a nice game of DWU until the Refugees showed up. I wasn't stuck in a war so I declared war immediately to keep the pests under control before they got too big. Once they get so big they become very difficult to deal with so better to take them out now.

I have been fighting them for awhile and began to realize I was going to have to reorg the fleets if I was going to have a successful invasion of their home world. I needed really big size invasion forces. The only reason I had to do this was the AI was slow to get off its butt and attack the refugees. By the time they got going shields had been put up and now it was a ground pounder's war once the fleets had cleared a path. I gathered up 4 fleets and birthed them at Ikkuro1. Built some more transports and loaded them up with infantry, tanks, special forces, etc... but I ran into one problem. War weariness was critical so I stopped the war for about 1 or 2 minutes to give it time to settle done.

When I rechecked my carefully gathered fleets they had scattered and were in process to changing to various ports to fight the wars the game wants to fight not me.

Sometimes I really get tired of fighting 2 wars. The AI version of what it wants to fight and mine.

Attachments
IkkuroFleets.jpg
IkkuroFleets.jpg (306.87 KiB) Viewed 399 times
NewportGames

RE: Frustration...

Post by NewportGames »

What does 2 minutes mean?

Well the bugs, Slukis Collective, have declared war on my ally the Securan Paradise so instead of attacking the Refugees AKA Shakturi my fleet heads the opposite direction. How frustrating...

Good news is the Ancient Guardians have joined the fight.

The bad news Shakturi military strength has changed from 508 to over 40,000 and the planet killer has arrived and my fleets are all in the wrong place. How can the AI just leave one war and go to fight anther leaving my rear virtually undefended?

I feel like I am just along for the ride. I really don't want to get down and micro manage every fleet in the game. This is going to get nasty and I am going to lose a few systems real fast.

NewportGames

Post by NewportGames »

There must be something wrong with the AI.

I am still dumbfounded on how it can ignore a war that is already in progress and as soon as I re-gathered the fleets it had dispersed this war would have been over. Instead it just ignores the war and takes off to fight the war it has always wanted. That is what I find frustrating in this game. I have to fight 2 wars, the one the AI wants and the one I want. It is a constant battle.
NewportGames

Post by NewportGames »

Went out and gave those measly Slukis 3000 credits to stop the war so I could get my fleets turned around.

I shouldn't have to game the system to get it to do what I want it to do. Hope they arrive in time before they start blowing worlds apart. Fortunately they are not on a direct path to my core systems or it would be bye-bye time for me.
NewportGames

Post by NewportGames »

Sent in my Alpha Strike. 4 Fleets with over 8800K+ in troops in over 130 ships. I was going to wait on another 1500K of troops in one fleet which is refueling but I was afraid the AI would disperse my fleets. I want to have them arrive all at once instead of piece-meal.

NewportGames

Post by NewportGames »

Large space port has been destroyed and the troops are landing. Shields appear to be gone so the Special Forces did their job.

NewportGames

Post by NewportGames »

Victory is mine sayth the Lord. Now it is time to deal with those measly Slukis.

NewportGames

Post by NewportGames »

I did not realize this game was set up as easy. I thought it was a difficult game to play. I only had a few systems in the beginning and was quickly boxed in and I am still only a small part of the galaxy. Got lucky... If the Ancient Guardians had not arrived in time to stop the Shakturi attack until my fleets could get back in place they would have run right through my core systems. I doubt I would have recovered from it.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

[:)]

The only "easy" about easy is that you got more money, and the AI got less (than if the game was set up as normal, or harder).
Twigster

Post by Twigster »

I'm a little late on this but nice going NewportGames! [8D]

Return to “The War Room”