TOP SECRET ORMSTER + WARSPITE ONLY

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Orm

RE: TOP SECRET ORMSTER + WARSPITE ONLY

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: peskpesk

Since the Axis are going for Spain -obviously with the collapse of Vichy France - I suggest you plan a distraction if the Allies will fight for Spain. My suggestion are that CW and Free France battle for Spain while the USSR demands the Borderlands from Finland and hope Germany declaine the claim. But this can only be done if the garrision ratio with Germany is kept safe and after preparations

The Iraq operation I think should be permanently cancelled. Unless, of course, the Axis becomes a real threat for Syria.
warspite1

Which I am happy to do but so that I understand, is there no benefit re the two coastal oil hexes?
I thought I answered this in post #417. So I am not sure what is being asked.

- Iraq has no impact, or relevance, on the Persian oil.
- To use the coastal Persian oil for production you must have convoy points in the Persian Gulf.
- The coastal Persian oil can be used for reorganising oil dependent units during the end of turn. This is the main use of this oil and no action needs to be done to use them in this way. No need for convoy point to use the oil this way.

My opinion is that no further action is needed for the Persian oil. The two coastal points should, exclusively, be used for oil use during the end of turn.

I hope this clears your concerns. [:)] Or I might have misunderstood what you are asking. [:(]

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Sorry for not making my self clear. The requirement for CP is understood if the resource is to get to Basra.

If these oil resources can be used (for reorganising oil dependent units then that is fine - although I could not see how that is achieved hence my question. No doubt I am just doing something wrong. I will look at this tomorrow.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Orm

Post by Orm »

There might be some confusion because there are different rules about how oil is used. The normal one, for production, the oil is transported to the factory.

For oil reorganization it is different. Then it is the unit that needs the oil that trace a supply route (of any length) to the oil being used. Hence there is no need for railroad to connect to the oil. But if playing with limited supply there must be convoy points, or TRS, to trace this path overseas. No limited supply then no need for CPs either. Note, however, that traded oil must be saved first (in a friendly hex) before it can be used.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Yeah its the saving I was having trouble with. I'll pick it up tomorrow when hopefully it will all make sense.....[:D]

Orm

Post by Orm »

USSR has no traded oil (in). Persia is conquered and therefore the Persian oil is Soviet controlled and not traded.

The traded oil is the ones you see in trade agreements. (USSR has oil traded out to Germany and Germany must save it before it can be used for reorganising units)
brian brian

Post by brian brian »

Build the Chinese HQs last, when all other infantry and cav class units are built, even divisions. Particularly with 1d10 in play. China needs mass.
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: brian brian

Build the Chinese HQs last, when all other infantry and cav class units are built, even divisions. Particularly with 1d10 in play. China needs mass.
Indeed.

Attachments
091.jpg
091.jpg (299.74 KiB) Viewed 16 times
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Allied EoT

USSR – One Defensive Marker

Save oil in Bushehr

RtB

France – Lamotte Piquet to Perth

Reorganisation

Reorganise all units that can be reorganised by Libreville oil

Note: Having used the Libreville oil – this still shows up in Final Production? And on the map at the start of the Mar/Apr turn. Bug?

Production

USSR (16)
PIL
FTR
2 x INF
1 x GARR
MTN

Soviets – add pilot to TB-3

Reinforcement

Pskov – TB3
Cernauti - 4-1 GARR + 4-3
Murmansk – 4-3

Chinese Communists
Si-An – 4-1 GARR
Ningsia - 1-5 Cav Div
Tianshui – 5-3

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

So here is the start of the oil step

I have one saved oil in Libreville and one in Damascus.

I spent 1 oil From Libreville last turn. I ended up with 2 in Damascus (correct) but the one in Libreville was still there.

Attachments
FF.jpg
FF.jpg (305.91 KiB) Viewed 16 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

So I now reorganise all I can from the Libreville oil

Attachments
FF2.jpg
FF2.jpg (290.61 KiB) Viewed 16 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

.....and this time it works. Libreville oil correctly disappeared...

Move along, nothing to see here

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: brian brian

Indeed.

warspite1

My thinking is that if the Japanese get a run at the Chinese they may not always have the required BP's to build one. In addition Mao is a powerful unit in his own right. But I bow to wiser, more experienced heads........

Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

.....and this time it works. Libreville oil correctly disappeared...

Move along, nothing to see here
When it didn't work; did you reload the game from a save made during the oil step?
Orm

Post by Orm »

I spent 1 oil From Libreville last turn.
Libreville is the Free French capital. It is fairly safe from German, Italian, and Japanese interference.

Syria, on the other hand, is not as secure. While Syria, currently is under no threat, it might quickly come under threat. Especially if Gibraltar is lost.

In Syria France gets a new oil every turn (as long as things do not change). Getting a new oil to Libreville uses up several convoy points.

Having oil on several locations can be an advantage since there might be occasions when a unit might not be able to trace to one oil. Then it might be able to trace to another unit.

Hence I propose that you use up the oil in Syria instead of the one in Libreville.
Orm

Post by Orm »

In addition Mao is a powerful unit in his own right.
Indeed. Although you might get Stillwell instead.

I just prefer to get the mountain, garrison and cavalry before building a unit that I fear putting alone in the front line. Maybe some air power as well.
Orm

Post by Orm »

Maybe USSR should produce one armour or one mechanized now that the production has increased?

Is the MTN for Siberia?
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

The MTN has a garrison value of two, so put it where you need units with garrison values. That is the main reason for the USSR to build MTN units: only two BPs per garrison factor. The only other units for which that is true are MIL, which they can't build, and GAR, all of which should be built, but which have a bad tendency to die when Barbarossa hits because they can't get out of the German's way. (Of course a big GAR does very well in Leningrad, where it never wants to move.)
I thought I knew how to play this game....
peskpesk

Post by peskpesk »

Hint for China is to build MTN and CAV ( all of them)
"'Malta - The Thorn in Rommel's Side"
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I spent 1 oil From Libreville last turn.
Libreville is the Free French capital. It is fairly safe from German, Italian, and Japanese interference.

Syria, on the other hand, is not as secure. While Syria, currently is under no threat, it might quickly come under threat. Especially if Gibraltar is lost.

In Syria France gets a new oil every turn (as long as things do not change). Getting a new oil to Libreville uses up several convoy points.

Having oil on several locations can be an advantage since there might be occasions when a unit might not be able to trace to one oil. Then it might be able to trace to another unit.

Hence I propose that you use up the oil in Syria instead of the one in Libreville.
warspite1

If I use Syrian oil I cannot reorganise all the units - which seems a bit of a waste.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Maybe USSR should produce one armour or one mechanized now that the production has increased?

Is the MTN for Siberia?
warspite1

They can start building them from next turn. The MTN will be used for Garrisoning purposes in the East.

Return to “After Action Report”