Panzer Corps: U.S. Corps (Buy 2 Get 1 FREE)

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

styler62

Panzer Corps: U.S. Corps (Buy 2 Get 1 FREE)

Post by styler62 »

Hello,

I just wanted to say I am disappointed with my purchase of Panzer Corps: U.S. Corps.

The Game itself is Fun and Fine as I am playing the 'Free Download' version which came with my 'Boxed Set' version of the game.

I purchased ALL 3 associated titles (42,43,44-45) as a box set and was trying to take advantage of the 'Buy 2 Get 1 FREE' and after checking out, I noticed I didn't receive the 3rd title for 'Free'.

I opened a 'Trouble Ticket' describing my situation and the response from Help Desk was, 'that the offer was only good for downloads only'.

I strongly disagree with this statement.

When purchasing,

I never saw a disclaimer denoting that the offer was only good for 'download versions' of the game as, I would have waited to purchase the '3 Boxed Set' of this series for a later time.

I responded back to the Help Desk by replying,

'Technically by spending the extra monies for the Boxed Set of Titles in this series, I feel I have been penalized for my purchase option as this purchase also included the 'Free Download' versions of the game.

I know we are not talking about a lot of money here, but, it's the point, that it feels to me like a 'Bait and Switch' type situation and will make me think twice before jumping on another 'Buy 2 Get 1 FREE' deal so fast.

I ask Slitherine / Matrix to Please, make these 'Buy 2 Get 1 FREE' offers more clear to the Customer by defining as to what version of the game this type offer, applies to before, it's purchased.

In Closing,

Maybe I could have missed something in the fine print when ordering this series but want to say I still feel somewhat slighted by my purchase.

Styler62

Yogi the Great

RE: Panzer Corps: U.S. Corps (Buy 2 Get 1 FREE)

Post by Yogi the Great »

I got the downloads this time because of wanting all three not bad for $10. ($4.99, $2.49 & $2.49)

I could have chosen boxed version for each one but that showed $10 extra each so it would have been an extra $30. That showed clearly before I finalized the purchase. On a game priced $30 to $40 and above I buy the boxed version but to pay $30 extra for three games that cost me a total of $10 didn't compute right in my mind. [;)]
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
styler62

Post by styler62 »

Hi,

My issue is not with the Boxed set.

I don't have a problem with buying the Boxed Set and agree to pay the $ 10.00 extra for the boxes, that's a done deal.

Nor did I never expect Slitherine / Matrix to pay for the Box on the 'Free' Title as this is not my issue.

The point is:

Slitherine / Matrix not properly defining how the 'Buy 2 Get 1 Free' works for which purchases.

I feel, if the offer is good for just the download version of the game it should state that up front.

I saw nowhere where on the Ad where it stated 'only good for download purchases' and asked the 'Help Desk' to send me the Link where it was stated.

To date I have not been sent a 'Link'

Technically, I bought the Boxed Set of the game which included the 'Free' downloads and I was denied the 'Buy 2 Get 1 'Free' offer according to the Help Desk' because I didn't purchase the download version which I did.

Styler62

Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

Very strange. I read your OP here prior to buying the 3-for-2 deal myself. So I noted that there was nothing in Matrix's announcement of the deal that it wouldn't apply to boxed versions. Also:

(1) When I selected the first DLC to "Buy", I was presented with the option to buy the other two at half price -- essentially Buy 2 get one free.
(2) When I selected the option to add the other two DLCs I was presented with a summary screen with all 3 DLCs at the proper prices (the two discounted items' prices in red).
(3) On this summary screen, I was given the option to "upgrade" any or all of the DLCs to boxed version for the addition of $10. I did not select that option for any DLC, so I don't know the price I would have been given had I done so. But it seemed to me as if I would've been given the same price +$10 for @ DLC I had chosen to upgrade. I certainly would have noticed had the price(s) not been in accordance with my expectations, and if not I would've cancelled my order and taken up the problem with Matrix before going ahead with a boxed set purchase.

Make of that what you will. [:)]

Return to “General Discussion”