Vichy navel movement

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

ashkpa

Vichy navel movement

Post by ashkpa »

Hi, I have a question. In my game, Vichy and Free France are both in play. Vichy is still neutral (no one has declared war on them). All other powers are at war. GE took a navel and the Vichy ships were select-able during the GE move phase (there was not a separate Vichy move phase). When a Vichy convoys moved out into the E. Med the allies were given an option to intercept, which did not seem right to me because Vichy was still neutral so I did not intercept. There was a Free France and CW convoy in the 0-box and a US CA in the 3-box. I moved the convoy on to CSV and no interception was requested (US, CW convoys in 0-box and CW CAs in 1-box and 3 box). I then tried to move the convoy on to the Cape Verde Basin, but was informed there were not enough movement points (CW convoys and FF CA in 0 and 2 box). I'm assuming that they needed to pay an extra movement for in the presence of the enemy in one of the zones. Now, when I get to the initiating combat, the US gets the option of initiating in the E. Med where the Vichy left a convoy point (the CW and FF don't get the option in the CSV or CVB).

Is this correct per the rules? If not, is it a known bug or should I go back and create a saved game file for debugging.

Thanks,

Pat
Pat
paulderynck

RE: Vichy navel movement

Post by paulderynck »

It sounds like the game thinks the USA is at war with Vichy. If this is not the case then it's a bug.

Vichy always uses German action choices and limits so that part is correct.
Paul
ashkpa

Post by ashkpa »

Here are two game files. One for the axis navel movement. Switch to GE and move a Vichy ship into the W. Med and the US gets an attempt to intercept. Second for non-phasing combat selection, where the US gets an option to initiate combat. Next post shows the relationship screen, which shows all allied major powers are neutral to Vichy.

Pat
Attachments
VichyNavalMovement.zip
(3.24 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Pat
ashkpa

Post by ashkpa »

Here is the Relations screen.

Attachments
VichyRelations.jpg
VichyRelations.jpg (430.75 KiB) Viewed 67 times
Pat
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

It sounds like the game thinks the USA is at war with Vichy. If this is not the case then it's a bug.

Since the US is at war with all the other Axis major powers, then the US has 'chosen' Unrestricted Naval Warfare. That enables it to take the actions described.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Since the US is at war with all the other Axis major powers, then the US has 'chosen' Unrestricted Naval Warfare. That enables it to take the actions described.

Here is RAW on US entry:

When the US is at war with every unconquered Axis major power, you
are treated as having chosen every entry option (except US entry
option 44).

And here is RAW on Vichy France:

Vichy France is a neutral major power run by the Axis major power
that installed the Vichy government.

Vichy France is an Axis major power. This means that the US isn't at war with all Axis major powers. I believe this to be a bug...
Peter
Orm

Post by Orm »

What if USA selected Unrestricted Naval Warfare the normal way? (and not automatically)
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
ashkpa

Post by ashkpa »

Steve,

Understood what you say. I think most of us would have assumed that the US Option 50 would have said active Axis Power, but it does not. So apparently it gives the US a free rein to attack a neutral axis power with no consequences (and be attacked by them). Someone may want to run this by Harry at some point.
Pat
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Wording has been fixed for RAW8 (now reads "active axis"). RAW8 is as yet unreleased. It does not apply to MWiF as MWiF is RAW7 - unless reclassified as a bug, and I doubt that will happen while actual code bugs are still being resolved.
Paul
ashkpa

Post by ashkpa »

Thanks, it all sounds reasonable.
Pat

Return to “Tech Support”