[FIXED/UPDATED] Problems with attacking a constructed airbase

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Kitchens Sink

[FIXED/UPDATED] Problems with attacking a constructed airbase

Post by Kitchens Sink »

I am in the early stages of making a Scenario set in the South China Sea, using v1.11 Build 825. I wanted to construct an airbase on a little flyspeck of an island called Firey Cross Reef, which has been in the news lately. I had to "cheat" by constructing units on land and moving them to the area where the reef is located (I couldn't find a way to set the units on the reef because it's shown as underwater in the game).

In the attached save file, units from Vietnam and Malaysia just conduced a fairly successful SEAD strike on radars/SAM units on the reef, and land strike aircraft are inbound. The Su-22M Fitter K's from Vietnam come in and some of them fire their AS-10 Karens, but some do not fire at indicated targets and just circle. The Su-30MKM's from Malaysia come in with their KAB-500Kr TV/EO weapons and also just circle without firing. I have checked all the sensors, weapons allocation, settings etc and can't find the cause. The weapons just can't seem to detect the targets.

Is the problem because of the way I constructed the Firey Cross Airbase, or did I miss something else?

P.S. Just for fun I added a couple of B-52H's with JASSM (not included in SAVE file) and they hit everything on the reef.

Thanks for any help!
Attachments
FireyCross2016.zip
(802.74 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
ComDev

RE: Problems with attacking a constructed airbase

Post by ComDev »

Hehe okay guess we need to hurry up adding those new Chinese islands [8D] I've updated an existing request on this.

What happens is this... the base is underwater, so there is no LOS to the facilities. EXCEPT for one of the hangars that is positioned in -16m of water. The hangar itself is 20m high, which means 4 meters of it is evaluated as 'above sea level'. As such you can fire on this facility, but none of the others.

Lol [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

Thanks, I suspected as much. Leave it to me to construct a UAB (Underwater Airbase). I'll just hold off on this one until Chinese Island updates are made. [:)]

P.S. A different Airbase (Woody Island) currently exists in the game as an Import File. It looks to be constructed the same way; so you may want to update that existing one also.

Thanks for the help!
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Yeah will add Woody Island as well.

Any other areas that need attention too, you think?

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

The Chinese Terraforming projects are about all I can think of.

It would be nice to have some of the Facility Imports that others have done put directly into the game engine. For example, I had trouble finding anything in Post Cold War Germany until someone showed me the Forum Link to import them.

Carry On! [:D]
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

New information included on CoW scenario #11 and terrain elevation data updated.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

ORIGINAL: ComDev
Hehe okay guess we need to hurry up adding those new Chinese islands [8D] I've updated an existing request on this.
What happens is this... the base is underwater, so there is no LOS to the facilities. EXCEPT for one of the hangars that is positioned in -16m of water. The hangar itself is 20m high, which means 4 meters of it is evaluated as 'above sea level'. As such you can fire on this facility, but none of the others.
Lol [8D]

Can it be torpedoed? :D
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
SunlitZelkova

Post by SunlitZelkova »

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr
ORIGINAL: ComDev
Lol [8D]

Can it be torpedoed? :D

Unfortunately no. Even though is is in the water, it is still classified as a land facility, which torpedoes can't attack as they don't have it as a valid target in the DB.
Formerly known as Project2035, TyeeBanzai, and FlyForLenin

Return to “Tech Support”