Crash Report / Save Problems

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Rory Noonan

Crash Report / Save Problems

Post by Rory Noonan »

I've experienced several crashes today while playing Gunner98's Longest Battle scenario. All previous to this (about 5) came up with a Windows prompt saying Command had stopped working. This time Command came up with the crash report.

I noticed that the program slowed down quite a bit beginning about a minute before the crash.

Interestingly the AutoSave function last saved the game approximately 20 minutes before the crash.

I definitely think something is wrong with the save function for this scenario. Since I've been having frequent crashes I've been saving every 2 minutes or so (literally). The save file I've been using is also about 20 minutes behind, i.e. I'm clicking save, the program appears to be saving (pauses for a second, time/date bar goes blank for a moment, then resumes) but when loading it is like I never saved.

Both save files and the screenshot are attached in the zip.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(3.89 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
michaelm75au

RE: Crash Report / Save Problems

Post by michaelm75au »

'Out of memory' error. This is a large scenario and is most likely pushing the bounds of 32-bit memory access.
My autosaves seem to be keeping up after loading your save.
I'll try doing some intermediate saves.
I'm having some trouble loading the saves because they are too big to load - clicking on load just bring me back to the load screen.
I think the guys reported that some changes to help reloading big saves are in next build.

Getting out of command, and restarting allows me to reload the last autosave okay and it is not far behind.
I would suggest trying to cut out some of the memory hungry things, like unit images, and see if that improves it.

The longer the game runs, it does look like the autosave may stop getting updated; although the time-stamps of the files still seem to get updated. Wonder if this could also be a memory constraint issue - not enough memory to build the save compression data to overwrite the old data.[&:]
Michael
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks for the work on this guys. Added to our list of things to fix. One of the Warfaresims programmers we'll take a look soon.

Thanks!

Mike
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Hmmm this is not fixable until we switch to 64 bit memory handling... can everyone upgrade their Windows versions asap please [8D]

In the meantime, please split the scenarios into smaller ones.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

Thanks for the quick response as always.

Must say I was amazed at how fast the scenario ran despite its size (and my gaming laptop is a mid-range 2012 model); Command has come forward in leaps and bounds over the years.

Return to “Tech Support”