Can't launch torpedo air strikes

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

blueatoll

Can't launch torpedo air strikes

Post by blueatoll »

So I've got a bug here I think. I moved my Devastators off of the Yorktown and Enterprise and loaded some fighters for extra CAP on a rough mission over Wake.

Now, a month later, I have the original compliment of Devastators back onboard, I'm under my aircraft limit on my carriers, have plenty of torpedoes, and my Devastators either never launch or fly 500lb bombing missions even at naval targets 2 hexes away. I haven't launched a torpedo attack in since moving them back onboard from the fighter squadrons.

They are set at Naval Attack, 5000', use torpedoes, have fairly aggressive 65+ air commanders, and 5 range. All other strikes are going off on Enterprise & Yorktown, just no Devastators. What am I missing here?
BBfanboy

RE: Can't launch torpedo air strikes

Post by BBfanboy »

Torpedoes? Do your CVs have any?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
blueatoll

Post by blueatoll »

Yup, a full load. Plus plenty of air sorties available.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

I think Devastators also need very good weather to carry torpedoes. They don't seem to fly with them in any kind of wind, rain or overcast.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “Tech Support”