2.0.11.5 Open Beta Released!!!

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

CapnDarwin

2.0.11.5 Open Beta Released!!!

Post by CapnDarwin »

Even More Red Storm Goodness!

Please read the included What's New PDF to see all the fixes, enhancements and additions made for this release and the others in the 2.0.11 Beta.

This release comes in two flavors, Production and Debug. The Production version removes all the debug support and should run smoother.

You can find the files here on our Website: 2.0.11.5 Beta Update
The package will go to Matrix for Steam Beta and Members Club downloads on Monday (should be seen later in the week).

Check it out and let us know what you think! Some more tweaks to pathing AI, checking for gun duels, and a new marker for radio intercepts to name a few!!

Enjoy!! [X(]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
zakblood

RE: 2.0.11.5 Open Beta Released!!!

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the update as always
[&o][&o][&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

Woohoo!!

Thanks!

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

Version seems to have put the balance back towards where it was meant to be. Good job!
I'll keep playing and see if that horrendous lag is gone as well...
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Stimpak, I am interested in hearing if the production version lags on you. The Debug stuff has some overhead and there are a lot of debug info we process in that mode. As for the AI and combat we feel pretty good too. Thanks for the thumbs up.

clodhellmer

Post by clodhellmer »

I think I found a bug. Click on a unit an set the first waypoint. If you want to set the second or third waypoint right on the place were the unit is located at the present time the pop up for screen/hold/on call will appear. So its not possible to place a waypoint over the chosen unit.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Clodhellmer, if you go back into the hex with the unit to place a waypoint, you need to click in the hex but not on the counter. Clicking on the counter sets the order and will pop the dialogs. While not pretty, it is working as intended.

battlerbritain

Post by battlerbritain »

Played with this a bit last night. Seems OK so far.

The paths problem over bridges seems fixed.

Haven't found any other problems yet either.

I like the new 'Radio Location' icon as well - quite useful.
Somerset, Uk
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

The radio location is cool. I like the hover over the weather panel to get the time of day changes. AI pathing is a twitchy minefield. We broke things a number of times before getting all the pieces balanced again.

clodhellmer

Post by clodhellmer »

Ups, my mistake! Sorry!
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

No problem. I don't recall half of the nuisance UI bits anymore. [:D]

Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Capn, I installed 2.0.11.5 Beta (production version) in both my Windows XP and Windows 10 machines. Loading the game and having it start in the XP PC is quick and smooth. Instead, in the Windows 10 machine to load the game and start it takes forever. When you click on the desktop icon you have a few long minutes of no response at all. then halfway through the opening jingle it again takes a long breather. With all the earlier upgrades, Windows 10 behaved faultlessly.
Would it be possible to restore the status quo ante in your next upgrade, as far as Windows 10 is concerned?
Gino
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Ginetto, I'll let folks know in our Dev call tonight on this issue and see if we can pin it down. Any chance you can try the debug exe in both and see if there are any differences in either?

Thanks.

Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Ok. By that you mean download the debug version of 2.0.11.5 and install it on both computers or only on the Windows 10 one?
I suppose it'll just overwrite on the production version.
I'll do it tomorrow. It's 1 a.m. here. A bit tired.
Gino
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Gino,
Thanks. Both would give us a comparison and you can just reapply the production version back on the XP machine.

Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Capn, good morning. I did the test as we agreed. In the PC with Windows XP the "debug" update, once installed, makes no difference. The game loads quickly and smoothly as with the "production" version.
In the PC (actually a laptop) with Windows 10, the "debug" update made all the difference. Now the game loads fast and smoothly.
The only difference I noticed is that in the Windows XP machine with "debug" installed the map scrolls very slightly slower. But I hesitate to really call this a problem because the difference with before is hardly detectable.
Anyway, I guess I'll just leave both machines with Flashpoint running on debug.
Thanks for your suggestion. Excellent.
Gino
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Gino, other than the loading, does the game itself play the same (speed and response) on the win10 machine for both exes? Also, are you getting both animations at the start of the game for both exes in win10?

Thanks.

Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Cap'n Darwin. Yes to both questions. The game itself plays normally with both exes and the animations come with both exes. The difference is that in the W10 machine each animation takes eons to appear on the screen. Once it does, it plays normally. Also, when you choose a scenario, it loads quickly in both machines and with both exes.
Gino
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Thanks for the details, win10 has been a pain with these odd issues. Most are related to the number of codices MS dropped or doesn't load on the OS. We will see what we can do.

OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

I've had a similar loading issue with both Win7 and WinX. It looks like something is triggering the Anti-mlalware service as it starts to consume a huge amount of CPU time.

It also takes a significant amount of time to even look at the executable's properties in order to unblock it.

Once loaded, everything appers to run well. [8D]
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”