Hot Patch 02 02 03 00

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Shannon V. OKeets

Hot Patch 02 02 03 00

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Attached is a zipped file that contains Release Notes and the new MWIF.exe: version 02.02.03.00.

The primary reason for making this available as a hot patch is #9 below, which fixes a newly created problem.

=========
Release Notes for Version 2.2.3.0

1. Added an explanation to the Initiative form when rerolling is possible. For example: “'The Initiative Track currently shows how the die rolls will be modified when both dice are reroll: Axis +1. However, if the Axis does not ask for a reroll, then the Initiative Track will return to Axis + 2.”

2. Fixed a problem where Vichy units did not always appear in the Selectable Units form (e.g., when their naval units were overrun).

3. Fixed a problem with non-ski units being able to trace a basic supply path through enemy ZOC into snow/blizzard hexes.

4. Fixed a problem with Polish units not having a ZOC into German controlled hexes during the first impulse of Global War and Fascist Tide.

5. Added a check for a unit having a controlling major power when determining supply. This occurred when a minor country became neutral yet some of its units (incorrectly) remained on the map.

6. Adjusted the time out interval for Mad Except (i.e., “the program seems frozen”) from 3 minutes to 4 minutes. Production Planning calculations can take a long time on some computer systems.

7. Restructured the processing of Air-to-air Combat so the air-to-air combat timer does not interfere with redisplaying the air-to-air combat form. The former could potentially cause the program to attempt to redisplay the form while still executing code to display the form. For example, when an air unit is aborted due to a combat result, the program removes the air-to-air combat form from the screen (thereby deactivating the timer) so the player can use the detailed map to return the air unit to base. Once the player clicks on the end-of-phase button (indicating the unit has been returned to base), the program redisplays the air-to-air combat form and turns the timer back on - to continue processing the air-to-air combat. Prior to these code changes, the timer could be reactivated and the air-to-air combat processing restarted, while the program was simultaneously redisplaying the air-to-air combat form. That could cause conflicts with bad results.

8. Added a check when showing the Use Oil form to make sure it isn’t also visible.

9. Fixed a problem restoring saved games that was causing the Production Multiple to always include a bonus for an attack within every major power’s home country.

Attachments
MWIF02020300.zip
(8.89 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Aranthus

RE: Hot Patch 02 02 03 00

Post by Aranthus »

Thanks. Although France was really loving that extra production!
ashkpa

Post by ashkpa »

I'd like to redo my production to take care of issue #9. How far back in the auto saved game files to I need to go. Apparently going back to the Final Production section is not far enough (PM's are still incorrect)? Do I have to go back to before the preliminary Production phase?
Pat
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

9. Fixed a problem restoring saved games that was causing the Production Multiple to always include a bonus for an attack within every major power’s home country.

This does not look fixed in my current game, actually it made its first appearance when I installed this patch!

There are actually bugs about the visual of the traded BPs.

Here the save:
All have the multipliers upped by 0.25 when they should not (except the Russians).
And it informs that a traded BP never gets to destination but the other info stated all BPs are properly traded... (unless I missed something)
Attachments
Fine turno (1).zip
(1.54 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ashkpa

Post by ashkpa »

Cohen,

What I found was that any turn that had any portion of it done with 2.2.2 has the production multiple increased. I guess, that a bit is set and that cannot safely be turned off by 2.2.3 (if it turned off the "attack in home country bonus" indiscriminately it may impacted a country that was attacked earlier in the turn - reducing it's PM incorrectly).

Now, when I did get to the next turn that was only done in 2.2.3, the production multiples were correct (at least in the first impulse).

Pat
Pat
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: ashkpa

Cohen,

What I found was that any turn that had any portion of it done with 2.2.2 has the production multiple increased. I guess, that a bit is set and that cannot safely be turned off by 2.2.3 (if it turned off the "attack in home country bonus" indiscriminately it may impacted a country that was attacked earlier in the turn - reducing it's PM incorrectly).

Now, when I did get to the next turn that was only done in 2.2.3, the production multiples were correct (at least in the first impulse).

Pat

Yes.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
gautebirkeli

Post by gautebirkeli »

Production multiple is fixed.

I am having problems sending lend lease to USSR, however.
CanInf

Post by CanInf »

I should have mentioned this earlier, but I have been busy. Unfortunately, I also do not have a saved file to demonstrate it.
Playing a hotseat game and using 2.2.3, we had aerial combats where the programme would keep flashing roll results. It never seemed to settle on one. I re-opened the game in 2.2.2 and the same combats worked fine. Sorry, for not mentioning this earlier!

Return to “World in Flames”