Supply bugs

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
mickxe5

Supply bugs

Post by mickxe5 »

1) Enemy control of a friendly depot map does not prevent that depot from providing supply to friendly units on other maps.

2) When tracing supply it is only necessary to be on a contested map that is adjacent to a path of friendly maps leading to a friendly depot. To trace supply from a contested map it should be necessary to control the exit VL leading to a friendly map with a path to a friendly controlled depot.

Attachments
NoSupply.jpg
NoSupply.jpg (54.58 KiB) Viewed 418 times
SteveMcClaire

RE: Supply bugs

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Mick,

I tried to reproduce this with a simple scenario and couldn't -- the BGs show blocked supply when Ginkel Heath starts in full Axis control and the two BGs are meeting on the Papendalsche map.

Note that the incoming supply level is determined at the start of every turn. Is it possible that the Ginkel Heath map was in contested or in Allied control at the start of the turn?

Steve
mickxe5

Post by mickxe5 »

Attached pic shows scenario setup. Gren Gds start Turn 1 out of supply on Schaarsbergen but immediately gain incoming supply by moving to Papendalsche. They retain incoming supply on subsequent turns while contesting Papendalsche. Other map/depot configurations exhibit the same issue, including the enemy controlled depots providing supply over a path of friendly maps.

Attachments
Supplybug.jpg
Supplybug.jpg (51.11 KiB) Viewed 418 times
mickxe5

Post by mickxe5 »

The problem isnt confined to just enemy controlled depots at the start of an op/camp. If the depot starts in friendly control but is later controlled by the enemy it still provides supply over a path.

Attachments
Supplybug2.jpg
Supplybug2.jpg (173.51 KiB) Viewed 418 times
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

I've tried to reproduce this but I can not. As soon as the AI moves KG Kraft onto the supply depot the Allied BG loses supply. Are you certain you have the 5.60.53 update? Any mods installed?

Steve
mickxe5

Post by mickxe5 »

Yes, D switch mods were installed. But just did a fresh install, applied 5.60.53b patch and am getting the same results. Zip attached with original scenario file, turn 1 (supplytest) save file immediately after Kraft moves onto US depot, and turn 2 save file (supplytest1) after the first battle. Both save files show the US BG with incoming supply when it shouldnt have.
Attachments
supplytest.zip
(13.38 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
mickxe5

Post by mickxe5 »

When Kraft moves onto the US depot the Gren Gds incoming supply should be cut.

Attachments
supplytest.jpg
supplytest.jpg (466.69 KiB) Viewed 418 times
mickxe5

RE: Supply bugs FIXED

Post by mickxe5 »

sheesh what an idiot...was using the .53b patch instead of .53 which, as you pointed out in the .53b thread "Fixed bug where supply could propagate incorrectly". That sticky should get taken off the forum and replaced with a link to .53 so maroons like me dont bite on Erik's first post.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Phew! Okay. I was worried that hadn't gotten fixed properly somehow. I will update the sticky.

Steve
Overkenshin

Post by Overkenshin »

Bug still present as of ver 6.00.01

DesertedFox

Post by DesertedFox »

I agree with Overkenshin. We have tested it and it is definitely still there.

Return to “Tech Support”