Scrapping Units

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

brian brian

RE: Scrapping Units

Post by brian brian »

I can never accurately figure out scrapping for the French and what that will mean for what I hope the Free French can do later in the war, but then I have played a lot more with the alternative Vichy rules than without. Returning to RaW Vichy confuses me. So I just scrap their 2 factor ART, maybe a mid-30s FTR (?), and nothing else.
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

I can never accurately figure out scrapping for the French and what that will mean for what I hope the Free French can do later in the war, but then I have played a lot more with the alternative Vichy rules than without. Returning to RaW Vichy confuses me. So I just scrap their 2 factor ART, maybe a mid-30s FTR (?), and nothing else.

Concerning France, if I had no intention of spending BP's on say...ARTY, then I would scrap away in that unit type. I think it all depends on what type of units you plan on purchasing and how many.

I hear you about the alternative Vichy rules. I love that system!
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

A few German subs and a U.S. sub Jagdtiger14.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: brian brian

As I favor having the largest possible FF navy, I never scrap French TRS or AMPHs if it means there'll be an odd number of them in their force pool in 1940 - since FF gets half of those - but rounded down.
Paul
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

ORIGINAL: brian brian

As I favor having the largest possible FF navy, I never scrap French TRS or AMPHs if it means there'll be an odd number of them in their force pool in 1940 - since FF gets half of those - but rounded down.

Agreed. The Free French TRS are very valuable in the game.
Peter

Return to “World in Flames”