SCENARIO PANDORAS BOX

Post suggestions and discuss the scenario and database editors here.
Connfire

RE: NEW SCENARIO PANDORAS BOX

Post by Connfire »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

New Countries include, Turkey,Greece,Spain,Argentina & Chile.

This is in addition to Germany, Austria-Hungary, Italy, and Brazil, which are already in Pandora's Box. Practically every real or planned battleship from the dreadnought era will be represented.
Von Weber

Post by Von Weber »

Damn good, sounds cool, The Dreadnought championship[:D]
WPO/Field of Glory-2/TOAW
Mappo

Post by Mappo »

Hi Kirk23, it seems that the link to download Pandoras box is not working [:(]
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Hi,

I just checked and these links are working, 13 people have downloaded from them in the last 2 weeks, and 133 have downloaded in total.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22795723 ... Orange.zip

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23392553 ... +files.zip
Make it so!
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

Those are incredible download great stats for a strategic wargame which came out in late 2005, and uses an engine from another wargame (WiTP) that came out in mid 2004. Is anyone from Matrix or Slitherine paying attention?
Mappo

Post by Mappo »

Hello Kirk23, thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately, the link does not work, it may be a problem related to Italy, because on August 11, I downloaded without problems Pandoras Box from Austria. An italian friend of mine told me that currently he has the same problem.
This is what I see when I tried to download Pandoras box:

Image[/img]
[/img]
[/img]

The last picture says that the file requested is not available
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Sorry about the problem some people are having to download the files from some Countries, I will see if I can set up an alternative download site, I used another site in the past but I have forgot the name,its on the forum somewhere in a few threads watch this space, by the way the links still work for me here in the UK!

Update the other file download site is zippyshare.com I will see what I can do about up loading the Pandoras box scenario there.
Make it so!
Mappo

Post by Mappo »

Hi Kirk23, thank you for your interest, but don't worry,if you can't uploading Pandoras box on zippyshare: italians are famous in the art of getting by. May be that the problem will be resolved with Gamefront. What is important is that you continue with your great work with WPO. Btw, Scotland is a wonderful place and I went there on my honeymoon. [:)]
ulysisgrunt

RE: SCENARIO PANDORAS BOX

Post by ulysisgrunt »

I've downloaded the file; but alas I am clueless as how t install it!
Help!
Many thanks
Danny Weitz
What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

Go into your hard drive, and move the zip file you downloaded into the "Mods" file in War Plan Orange. Unzip it (if you already unzipped it somewhere else no big deal). Now, what you need to do is move the files you unzipped into other parts of WPO. Ignoring the ART file for now, move all the .dat and .txt files into SCEN file. These are all new files, so they'll go in easy.

The next step is the big ART file. Now, I've downloaded enough of Kirk's scenarios to trust that his artwork is superior to any pervious files I may have in the game. So I just let his files rewrite over the older files of the same name, and then I'm done. But I also recall how scary it was the first time, knowing that all my old stock WPO artwork was about to be replaced forever.

So what I did then, and you can do now if it makes you feel safer, is copy the old ART file before you move Kirk's over. Rename the file, and move it somewhere else on your computer. You now have an archived version of the stock WPO art, and you can go back to it if you ever wish to (which you probably won't, but at least you have the choice). Once that is done, do what I did above, move Kirk's files into your ART file, let them rewrite the old artwork, and you're done.

You can also view the artwork by double-clicking any .bmp files in the ART file, even before you install it. The new ships are in the subfolders AlliedShip_Back and JapShip_Back within the ART file. The new aircraft are in 4 .bmp files in the ART folder itself - Aptop, A_Planeside, Jptop, and J_Planeside.
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Pandoras Box new Zippyshare download link : 13/10/2016

http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/NijgEWry/file.html
Make it so!
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Thanks Kirk, I'll give it a bash!
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Kirk23, Looking for your ship art mods....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

NB: IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED THIS SCENARIO IN THE PAST PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD AS THE SCENARIO HAS BEEN NEWLY UPDATED THANK YOU.

Make it so!
WWII44

Post by WWII44 »

The scenario is great and all but I encountered some graphical errors with some of the ship transparencies showing up with pink backdrops in game. Also how did you manage to line up your top down plane graphics?
Revthought

Post by Revthought »

Looks like you did great work here, especially the art, but if I may ask some things here:

1. I get a pink background on some of the new ship art, including during surface battle animations and, after installing the art the battles don't size properly... so during large battles I only see the enemy ships present and not my own. Is there a fix for either of these?

2. The scenario itself really needs some explanation. I'm pretty open to alt history mods; however, I'm struggling to understand why the Germans and the Japanese are allied in 1922 against the rest of the world (including non-Soviet Russia), while the full naval power of every country is present in the Pacific--including ships that were out of service by 1918 and one that blew up in Havana harbor in 1898.

So is there some wild background story that would make this even close to plausible? If not, I think the scenario itself won't be playable for me.
Playing at war is a far better vocation than making people fight in them.
metallyca70535

Post by metallyca70535 »

Any chance for a new download link
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: metallyca

Any chance for a new download link

Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: Revthought

Looks like you did great work here, especially the art, but if I may ask some things here:

1. I get a pink background on some of the new ship art, including during surface battle animations and, after installing the art the battles don't size properly... so during large battles I only see the enemy ships present and not my own. Is there a fix for either of these?

2. The scenario itself really needs some explanation. I'm pretty open to alt history mods; however, I'm struggling to understand why the Germans and the Japanese are allied in 1922 against the rest of the world (including non-Soviet Russia), while the full naval power of every country is present in the Pacific--including ships that were out of service by 1918 and one that blew up in Havana harbor in 1898.

So is there some wild background story that would make this even close to plausible? If not, I think the scenario itself won't be playable for me.

The scenario is an early world war 2 but instead of it being based around the Aircraft Carrier, PANDORAS BOX is all about Battleships ( Dreadnoughts ) I have made availble a new download link that has all the Art used in the game, including the new ship and Aircraft art the scenario uses.

Pandoras box scenario
Make it so!
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

great scenario, thank you Kirk23 [:D]

Return to “Scenario Design”