Bombing the manpower factories

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

humble1

Bombing the manpower factories

Post by humble1 »

I am going to put a lets play video on my youtube channel and test my theory if you can destroy the german army through attrition.
The following facts lead me to believe that bombing the manpower factories could result in some good results.

The part with numbers will be an attachment. I am getting that warning that I am leaving phone number rather data needed to explain the theory.

Those are the facts but what I need to know what is the 1 manpower factories equal to actually men that are fielded to fight?
The game has an extensive directory that highlights all the weapons systems and the crew requirements.
I want to know how one manpower factory point equals to a 11 men squad or 5 crew AFV?
Then I can refine my theory and see if it will work.

More crudely how many infantry divisions equal 10000 manpower points?

Going thru the new manual my number are wrong in regards to modifier.

I just checked the numbers and the modifier at the end of 1944 is actually between 7 to 8. Can someone check the numbers because it destroys my theory.
I don't think the modifier in the new manual is right its much higher. According to the new manual the ratio was 5 but my version is newest not beta verison
of the game. I suggest its actually 8 or even more.
Attachments
Germanmanpower..txt
(364 Bytes) Downloaded 10 times

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”