War in the East Condensed Rules v1.08.09 (051716)

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

rainman2015

War in the East Condensed Rules v1.08.09 (051716)

Post by rainman2015 »

Just posted this into the 'Scenario Design and Modding' section, since that is the only place i can upload a big zipfile. The updated PDF to 1.08.09 is in there now. Enjoy!

Here is the main message of the post in the 'Scenario Design and Modding' section:

Hey yall...

Giving back to the forum for all the help yall have given me. In order to understand the game, i made my own set of condensed and updated rules (to version 1.08.09 at the moment).

I will add new updates where the updates need to go as new updates come out, so this can be used as the 'living' set of rules for the game at the moment.

Some notes on these rules:

1) They are 'condensed' in that i didn't put ALL the rules in here (i.e. sections that i didn't need to re-read or that were just extra and not that important are left out), but most of the main rules are here.

2) The rules are grouped together. For example, all the various sections regarding air rules are under the main heading 'Air Rules' rather than scattered all over the place, but the rules sections kept their original rules section number (i.e. 5.3.8)

3) I have separated out LOTS of paragraphs that all ran together such that they are much easier to read now. I think that helps a lot!

4) They are highlighted either in yellow (important, must read and understand), or in light blue and underlined (VERY IMPORTANT, MUST READ AND UNDERSTAND). I think that it helps to have the really important things jump out at you, as there is so much to remember in this game!

5) They are updated to the latest errata version, but i didn't include every single one of the errata changes (for example, i may have skipped putting in an arcane engine tweak of the production system). I included only the changes that i felt i needed to remember and be aware of.

In updating them, the new sections are added with (1.08.00) or (1.08.02), and i put the new errata changes where i thought they should go in the rules, AND also the older rules sections that they now invalidate get MARKED THRU so that you know to ignore those rules now.

Also, anything in a table or rule that changed a number or something like that is now CHANGED IN BOLD RED to the new updated number per the errata.

6) Lastly, i add my own comments in some places with an italics 'Note that blah blah' under the appropriate rule.

In summary, this is NOT official by any means. However, I will continue to update it and re-post it on the forums as i do.

PLEASE anyone that finds anything wrong in this, especially with my marking out original rules sections and putting in BOLD RED new numbers, etc, let me know. I don't think i made any mistakes, but may have. If anyone thinks i put some errata in the wrong place, left out something really important from the main rules or from the errata, or anything similar to improve the rules, i am open to suggestions, with the idea not to make it perfect, but to add and improve things SO THAT IT MAKES THIS DOCUMENT HELP TO UNDERSTAND THE LATEST VERSION OF THE GAME.

So, hope this helps us keep up with this incredible game and all the efforts the updaters have put in!

Randy
:)
rainman2015

RE: War in the East Condensed Rules v1.08.09 (051716)

Post by rainman2015 »

Morvael, can you please make the new rules to be a sticky again like the last ones were?

Thanks!
Randy
morvael

Post by morvael »

Sorry, I'm not a mod on these forums.
rainman2015

Post by rainman2015 »

ORIGINAL: morvael

Sorry, I'm not a mod on these forums.

Oh, ok, someone made it a sticky last time, no idea who

Randy

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”