Closed

For non-server PBEM games, post here to look for an opponent.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

rmonical

Closed

Post by rmonical »

Pursuant to my comment there are not enough good German players.....
I am experienced as German and just starting as Russians.
Pelton rules (No ridiculous airborne and amphibious stuff and no air attacks against unprotected HQ)
Mild winter
No combat bonus.
charlie0311

RE: Looking for experienced German opponent

Post by charlie0311 »

Mr. rm,

Not quite as experienced as you think, ex., Pelton rules allow for Pelton enhanced axis logistics, maybe you have this figured out? Pelton logistics allow for quick axis dominance, before Reds can adequately prepare, more or less.

No Pelton logistics mean sov victory, that is with clear weather for summer '41 (non-random weather), no sov bonus and mild blizzard.

When proven wrong in a real game with a real person of similar skill then I will change my tune.

I do insist on playing the "easy" way, PBEM to allow for the occasional reload for mistakes, no movement FOW. Would also prefer a "sympatico" opponent, as the Spanish say.
rmonical

Post by rmonical »

What are enhanced Axis Logistics? And how does (No ridiculous airborne and amphibious stuff and no air attacks against unprotected HQ) lead to that?
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Well ok, I'll try...

Enhanced axis logistics, ala senor Pelton, greatly increase axis mps. How he does it remains a mystery or a matter for speculation. I think it has something to do with using two hq for each group of mobile combat units.

The game mechanism for para-drops (how you actually pull it off) is so obscure/difficult that it is hardly worth the effort and the effect of these drops is/can be WAY greater than any historical reality (see you got me to use a phrase I hate, "historical reality").

There is no need for restrictions on amph operations as the game now stands, maybe in the distant past. Just do some experimenting and you will see.

Like-wise the bombing of HQ. In the distant past you could bomb HQ to get leader kills, not so anymore.

Maybe that covers it.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

ok, enhanced axis logistics has nothing to do with bombing hq, paras, or amph, never said it did.

that stuff, is part of Pelton's rule set, old now and at least partly out of date.
A game

Post by A game »

I think not banning paradrops is complete insanity, unless there has been a major redo of how it works since I last played. Not sure about the rest as I never bothered much with amphib stuff or silly exploits with air power.

You seem to be saying Pelton has a 'magical' way to increase Panzer logistics? Im not sure this really should be called a rule as much as an exploit, but considering how much patching this game has had by now I would be surprised if there where any huge exploits left in the system.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Not going to bother trying to answer this.

Interested parties may refer to the numerous Pelton AAR's, remarks, hints, etc.

I'm a Pelton "fanboy" so maybe at least this wouldn't be misunderstood.
A game

Post by A game »

ORIGINAL: charlie0311

Not going to bother trying to answer this.

Well thats a shame, the whole point of using forums is for discussion...

Anyway I think this is derailing the OP of 'looking for an opponent' sorry rmonical!
NotOneStepBack

Post by NotOneStepBack »

I play either side, but have 2 games going on already at the moment.
rmonical

Closed

Post by rmonical »

Closed

Return to “Opponents Wanted”