fifth air force is a corps instead of air hq

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

akulapanam

fifth air force is a corps instead of air hq

Post by akulapanam »

In the Guadalcanal scenario the fifth air force is stuck as a corps hq rather than an air hq. This makes it only useful for its 50 air support.
Chris21wen

RE: fifth air force is a corps instead of air hq

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: akulapanam

In the Guadalcanal scenario the fifth air force is stuck as a corps hq rather than an air hq. This makes it only useful for its 50 air support.

A guess but I suspect it was done for scenario balance or the scenario was designed early doors before patches introduced any air support changes. You can go into the editor and change it.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

ORIGINAL: akulapanam

A guess but I suspect it was done for scenario balance or the scenario was designed early doors before patches introduced any air support changes. You can go into the editor and change it.
You are probably right about the role of Air HQs changing. When I started playing certain Base Forces provided torpedo supply. In one of the updates that was moved to the Air HQ. They may have had to create the new HQ type and just missed switching that one.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
NigelKentarus

Post by NigelKentarus »

That's probably right. I was looking at Torpedo Supply in the manual the other day and it states that certain Base Forces supplied torpedoes. I sure can't find them though. Just one of those things that got fixed in a patch or update.
Fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the plank to Noah's ark. And brother, it's starting to rain.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: NigelKentarus

That's probably right. I was looking at Torpedo Supply in the manual the other day and it states that certain Base Forces supplied torpedoes. I sure can't find them though. Just one of those things that got fixed in a patch or update.

All changed, it was and depended upon port size and supply. It's now a function of Air HQ to provide Torps. See Torpedo Ordnance in pic to set how many torps you want the HQ to carry in a one of load. To get it topped up automatically go too the Unit TOE and set the value. You still need enough supply at a base.

By the way you'll find many thing have changed and the manual is way out of date but is being rewritten by Alfred, not an easy job by any means.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (63.59 KiB) Viewed 28 times
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

ORIGINAL: NigelKentarus

All changed, it was and depended upon port size and supply. It's now a function of Air HQ to provide Torps. See Torpedo Ordnance in pic to set how many torps you want the HQ to carry in a one of load. To get it topped up automatically go too the Unit TOE and set the value. You still need enough supply at a base.

By the way you'll find many thing have changed and the manual is way out of date but is being rewritten by Alfred, not an easy job by any means.

Going back to the OP, the point was that although the 5th AF is being named an Air HQ it is acting as an Army Corps HQ - an error in the database setting for HQ type. Just naming the unit an Air HQ does not make it act as one.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “Tech Support”