multplayer confusion question

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
pnzrkity

multplayer confusion question

Post by pnzrkity »

I just bought gateway and am enjoying it but I want to do multiplayer. However when I click multi.,
it takes me to the lobby I sign in but I never see any opponents nor am I able to invite anyone.
What am I doing wrong?
cheers
mooxe

RE: multplayer confusion question

Post by mooxe »

As long as you are logging in fine everything is working. I haven't played in a while but the lobby was never busy. Most I personally seen was three people waiting for games and that was shortly after release.

Best way to start any campaign is come to an agreement with an opponent in the forums to agree to meet a predetermined times. Its the only way these days.
Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

Correct - it is the key issue with peer-to-peer games. You need to be in the lobby at the same time as your opponent in order to start a game. You can also use the in-game forum view to let people know when you will be online.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

what we need in future releases is to be able to see who is actually playing when were in the lobby. right now u could have 4 games going on and the lobby looks like a damn ghost town...so you leave.if you can see who's playing, u could stick around or message a player to hook up later etc etc.
Digs

Post by Digs »

I login to the Lobby, my name is listed under Lobby Users, then I get an error box saying...

Close Combat Error
Get forum root failed. User name or password incorrect.

Edit: Patch v1.02 is installed, and I have the program set to allow traffic via "Windows Firewall".
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Digs,

Are you still seeing this error? The game should be logging into the forums with the same username and password you used to log in to the lobby system. It's possible you might have a cookie saved for www.slitherine.com that could be an issue, though. Trying using a web browser to go to http://www.slitherine.com/forum/ and then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. Click the link that says "Delete all board cookies." See if that helps.

Steve
Digs

Post by Digs »

That corrected the problem; thanks very much Steve!. :D

Return to “Tech Support”