Final Production to Build Phase issue via saves

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

ashkpa

Final Production to Build Phase issue via saves

Post by ashkpa »

I think I've been able to duplicate the issues I have seen when saving games between the Final Production phase and the actual build phase.

There are two game files in the attached zip.
The first is "Final Prod to Build.GAM" and is the file with which I start the final production phase.
The second is "Final Prod to Build pt2.GAM" and is the file I save at the beginning of the scrap phases. Going through all of the scrap phases and scrapping nothing, the Build Phase has different BP's available than I ended the Final Production Phase with.

So, to replicate, open the first file and do the following.
1) use one saved oil in Berlin to produce in the Hanover factory (taking GE BPs from 36 to 38). Finish GE production.
2) use one saved Turin oil in Italy to produce in Rome (taking IT BPs from 6 to 8). Finish IT production.
3) use 4 JP saved oil to produce in Tokyo and Nagoya factories (taking JP BPs from 13 to 18). Finish JP production.
4) Finish Vichy production.
5) Finish Chinese production.
6) Use one saved oil in Barrow,UK to produce in Hull. Finish CW production.
7) Switch to USA production (before finishing FF). Click on the No Path BP line and change the source to Sao Paulo. Use one saved oil to produce in Boston and another in San Francisco. US BP now at 63 versus 61. Finish USA production.
8) Finish all other allied production.

9) When the scrap units phases come up save the game.
10) Exit the game completely.
11) Restart and load the just saved game.
12) Move through the scrap unit phases without scrapping any units.
13) With the first build unit screen (GE in my case), I find the BP totals have changed. Click the "View resource production" button on the right and review all the countries. All of the saved oil for production, with the exception of the US saved oil - which does get through, are forgotten. Also, re-routing of the US lent BP is not remembered.

Sorry for the complexity.

Pat
Attachments
FinalProdtoBuild.zip
(3.24 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Pat
paulderynck

RE: Final Production to Build Phase issue via saves

Post by paulderynck »

Don't worry about complexity. You've done a lot of good work here which should help Steve get these production issues fixed. Even if some are not bugs they are "peculiar preferences" of the program that ought to be eliminated, both for players and for the fabled AI.
Paul

Return to “Tech Support”