Comments from a New Player

Sovereignty: Crown of Kings is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It offers a intuitive yet deep province system, allowing you to raise armies, conduct diplomacy, scout enemy battle lines, rally heroes to your banner, send them on quests, cast spells and go to war. In Sovereignty, the player chooses one of 35 Realms in a bid for dominance of the map. Play is conducted in a series of turns as a single player game. Each Realm has a unique culture and history, which translates directly into different play-styles. Each realm has its own mix of unit types and spell trees. Their diplomatic relations, economies and histories vary. A player may choose a new realm and experience the game in a very different way. Fantasy heroes, troops, races and spells complement the rise to power.
Max 86

Comments from a New Player

Post by Max 86 »

Just bought the game 2 days ago, just in time for EA2 arrival. Grabbed the latest beta and have been plowing through it the last two nights. First let me say that I have never played a fantasy game of any kind but do enjoy a good 4x game no matter where it takes place.

I chose this game specifically because of two reasons; I wanted to see what a fantasy game plays like and the overall direction the developers are going in with fleshing this game out into a full 4x game with the zoom-in tactical battles. Just my cup of tea.

So before I list some suggestions let me say bravo to you guys for the constant updates and improvements over the last months that I have been watching. The improvement I saw from EA 1.9 to EA 2.0 in the last two days is pretty remarkable.

A lot of this has probably been covered before but...Here goes:

1. The economy is still lacking the detail at the province level. A number in a circle is just plain. I would like to see the economy for each province broken down into the standard 3 - Farms / Industry / Commerce with the players being able to improve on each in some manner. Like forts, possibly have 5 levels of each. Increasing farms might increase wine resource or increase in industry will increase stone, etc...

2. Question - why do the resources increase each turn? Is that something I can control? (I haven't played that many turns yet but watch out, the weekend is here.)

3. Building roads and roads showing on the map. There should probably be limited road improvement. Maybe each province can have either: no road, roads or improved roads...or similar. Roads should show on map and, obviously, increase unit movement and maybe commerce level or $/turn of the province.

4. Question - do provinces expand / contract? Can the player increase the number in the circle?

5. The Harbor symbol is a little hard to see. Maybe fill with bright blue to stand out on map.

6. Armies: Love to name armies and also see total ATT / DEF shown next to unit display.

7. Messages regarding your country shown in red font in message window.

8. Definitely need game dictionary, a Sovereignpedia describing all the neat stuff in the game. If a unit has 'Seigecraft' I'm not sure exactly what that is or does. I would be more than happy to put together a draft doc for your use if provided the raw information.

9.Army icons on map lack wow factor. I prefer the sprites holding a banner or similar but would like to see something that adds to the immersion factor of the game.

I haven't got far enough into it to discuss magic but have found the game to be heavy on resource trade & mgmt and that has serious implications on unit recruitment. That's good stuff!

IMHO, you guys have done a wonderful job so far and are pretty close to having a real gem of a game. Keep up the great work and count me in. [:)]
No problem Chief!
Max 86

RE: Comments from a New Player

Post by Max 86 »

Found a couple of text issues, both on the 'Settings' Screen:

- Next to the U key is 'text_missing' message
- Floating tooltip over 'Follow Action' in bottom left corner reads '....followu nits' instead of 'follow units'
No problem Chief!
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

Not that anyone is listening but what the heck, it beats work!

1. Had two crashes during tactical battles. I sent a report on the 2nd.

2. Have numerous trade deals where I am selling resources for gold per turn and the extra money is not showing up in the financials.

3. Also, have mutual defense treaties but none ever come to my aid as I have been invaded by two different kingdoms. Relations are good with each.

4. On all of the trade Received msg boxes the resources are listed, for example, as "1 horse1 lumber2 stone" instead of "1 horse 1 lumber 2 stone"
No problem Chief!
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

We are listening thanks for the feedback!

It is just sometimes hard to go over all the forums, best is to post direct at the Steam one as here we are most of the time:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/312430/discussions/
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

Thanks. Will do.
No problem Chief!

Return to “Sovereignty: Crown of Kings”