New patch

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

GJK

RE: New patch

Post by GJK »

Right, but you can't be both broken and pinned which is what it seemed like it was saying.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Yes you are correct
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
okiefire1

Post by okiefire1 »

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

I will be sending the package to the publisher on Friday, April 15th.

Any estimate on when we might see it on this end? Thanks, again, for your hard work!
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Very soon. Matrixgames is working on the final pieces.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
kylania

Post by kylania »

ORIGINAL: Paullus

Very soon. Matrixgames is working on the final pieces.

We're coming up on two weeks past the submission date and a week past the last update. Still no word from Matrix about this patch?
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Do you test a whole bunch of scenarios again or is it just sitting there in some queue?
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

We had a problem with the installer, solved yesterday.
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

ORIGINAL: MikeGER

When its ready, Peter please consider relasing it like the Zero day patch zip too, maybe in the members area, for those early birds who are not affraid of unzipping a file by hand

From my experience it can take up to two additional weeks from the developers upload to Matrix/Slitherine until they have a "production queue slot" free to build, test, and relase a full blown auto-installer file

Gents, i told ya! [;)]

(that's why i had respectfully asked for "just a zip" upfront from the developer itself (like Zero day patch = no installer also) for those who can sort a few files into the right directories by hand)

AlanBernardo

Post by AlanBernardo »

I must say, it's pretty bad when a patch was expected in early April, submitted two weeks later, expected again a week later, and now at the end of April and still nothing.

I can wait and have waited, but this kind of thing I do not expect from Matrix Games.

Alan
waltero

Post by waltero »

ORIGINAL: AlanBernardo

I must say, it's pretty bad when a patch was expected in early April, submitted two weeks later, expected again a week later, and now at the end of April and still nothing.

I can wait and have waited, but this kind of thing I do not expect from Matrix Games.

Alan

Yes, I think it better to keep silent than make promises you can't keep.

Waited many years for a game like this, I can wait a bit longer...thanks for trying.

"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,
other than that, How was the play?
lhmg

Post by lhmg »

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Paullus. I for one realize this isnt carved in stone and appreciate having an idea of how things are coming along ratherr than no information. Thanks again. [:)]
..."And to the Republic, for which it stands."
kylania

Post by kylania »

It's been another week since "we fixed it yesterday", any updates?
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: kylania

It's been another week since "we fixed it yesterday", any updates?
Peter Fisla says Matrix will release it sometime around the middle of next week (the ball has been in Matrix's court since the 30th of Apr)

Edit: See the "Townsfolk" thread, for the info direct.

tm.asp?m=4073280
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

Hmm, AI does seem to be more aggressive. [8D]
fuselex

Post by fuselex »

haven`t installed it yet but if DD is scratching his chin ,saying Hmmm , could be good :)
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Any chance you could elaborate? If you are not too busy playing ...[:D]

Really hoping it has fixed the problem of teh AI not walking into empty VLs
ORIGINAL: Double Deuce

Hmm, AI does seem to be more aggressive. [8D]
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

Working on a new scenario and both the Russian Tanks and German Halftracks have been shifting positions to get LOS, and shots, on enemy units. The Russian tanks, those that didn't fail their Radio checks, moved right up on the Germans without delay and started shooting. Admittedly, its just been that one scenario so far. I think I'll go back again and playtest the others I have released and see if this carries over to them also, especially Silesian Interlude.
UP844

Post by UP844 »

After installing the patch, I played some scenarios including Exit hexes, with mixed results.

In "Silesian Interlude", the Russian tanks sat still and fire; the Russian infantry fought like demons from the VP buildings.

In "7th Somerset at Oosterhout" (there are no VP hexes, only British Exit hexes), the Germans who did not have a loss made a run for the Exit hexes on turn 1 and stayed there.

In "The Puma Prowls" (no VP hexes, both sides must exit) I first played the Russian side, and the Germans remained in their set-up hexes, with the exception of a single Puma that occupied one of the Russian Exit hexes; then I played the German side, and this time I met the Russians (3 T-70 out of 5) more or less halfway down the map (I expected to find them on the German exit hexes).

I have not yet had a chance to check all the new features and bug corrections; anyway, Peter deserves a very big THANK YOU for his commitment!

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
giffin

Post by giffin »

Probably a Stupid Question but what are the New "Added keyboard shortcuts" Couldn't find it in the manual.

thanks!
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: Punisher007
Probably a Stupid Question but what are the New "Added keyboard shortcuts" Couldn't find it in the manual.
There are many listed in the drop down menus. Be careful with the spacebar (it acknowledges Pauses AND advances Turn Segments).
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”