Excessive TOE for Axis Allies

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Manstein63

Excessive TOE for Axis Allies

Post by Manstein63 »

There might be a problem with .09. Its Turn 40 in my server game against Sillyflower & while I was doing my moves I have just noticed that I have got both Slovakian & Hungarian units with excessive TOE for example 1st Hungarian Mountain Brigade has a TOE of 246/250 Max 100 1st Hungarian Cavalry Brigade has a TOE of 178/182 Max 100 all other Hungarian units have a TOE greater than 100 as do the Italian units Romanian units don't appear to be affected. I have informed Sillyflower via email & I have stopped doing my turn until this has been looked at FYI I upgraded to .09 at the end of turn 39
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
morvael

RE: Excessive TOE for Axis Allies

Post by morvael »

Hmm, similar to the report about big forts. I'll take a look.
morvael

Post by morvael »

So far nothing dangerous revealed. Perhaps the fixed replacement procedure keeps non-matching equipment as it should until matching equipment will be delivered in required quantity. So it first has to receive compatible before it parts with incompatible (because sending back extra happens before replacements are received). For a turn it will have more than TOE requires. However this was changed in 1.08.08.

edit: I'd have to add second sending back extra elements, after replacements
morvael

Post by morvael »

In one test instance 1st Hun. Mountain Brigade reached 101% TOE because it was short on infantry and support but had more engineers. They didn't send them back waiting for infantry which was added that turn. That put them above TOE.

However I see that some Rumanian AT companies that have 9 out of 6 (from scenario data) AT guns are not sending them back, despite having 150% TOE (they have just 2 elements - gun and support). Will have to investigate more.
morvael

Post by morvael »

So far I have encountered only rounding problems. Units are allowed to keep 125% in matched slots. 125% is calculated with rounding up. Returns over that number are halved, rounding down. Which means more elements may be kept in units than 125%. That Rumanian AT company starts with 12 guns out of 6 needed (200% TOE). 6*1.25=7.5 which is rounded to 8. On first turn there are 4 guns above that number, so 2 should be returned. That puts unit at 166% TOE. On second turn there are 2 guns above that number, so 1 should be returned. That puts units at 150% TOE. On third turn unit will not return any guns since there is only 1 gun above 8 and that gets rounded down to 0 for returns. Thus, the unit stays at 150% TOE. I have changed this to rounding down first, and returning everything above that at once. So 6*1.25 will be 7, and unit will return 5 guns immediately, going to 116% TOE. One extra gun will be kept.

Could you post TOE details of some hungarian units. What if you had all units at 100% TOE and thousands of extra men in the pool? Maybe replacement procedure went crazy with no needs? Unlikely to happen for Germans or Soviets, but minor nations with all units out of combat could reach such point.

Also post details from the logistics phase log.
BrianG

Post by BrianG »

on the beta switched I has one ordinary Russian inf corp go to 350% toe. In my Pelton game.

Maybe one other unit had the large toe. Waiting for his return move to see if the toe dropped.
BrianG

Post by BrianG »

the photo

Attachments
rdwit90Kmen.jpg
rdwit90Kmen.jpg (617.54 KiB) Viewed 131 times
BrianG

Post by BrianG »

internal view

Attachments
internaltoeofunit.jpg
internaltoeofunit.jpg (480.24 KiB) Viewed 131 times
morvael

Post by morvael »

This must be something other then, this is not about too slow returns.

Are there any mentions about that corps in the logistics phase log?
morvael

Post by morvael »

Was able to replicate. I'm on it.
I'll be asking Joel to publish this as a hotfix.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Somehow the cap based on needs is gone, so all available resources are spent to produce and deliver items.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Fixed.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Patch sent to Joel and Pavel. I hope they'll release it as a hotfix.
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

Morvael,
Do you still want me to send the TOE details & the event log that you asked for? If you do you will have to provide an idiots guide to screen capture & saving as it's not something that I do & I can't remember how its done.
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
morvael

Post by morvael »

Thanks, that's no longer required. BrianG provided screens, I was able to replicate this, fix, and send patch to 2by3.
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

Perfect, thanks for your support very much appreciated
Manstein63

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)

Return to “Tech Support”