Correct number of Oil available?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

TeaLeaf

Correct number of Oil available?

Post by TeaLeaf »

There's some things happening that I don't understand when I get to spend oil with the CW for reorganizing:
-The form says CW has a total 15 oil available;
-The same form however, shows 15, 12 or sometimes even just 9 oil ready to be spent, depending on the unit I click on in the leftmost list of the form.

Now I am not a complete fool, so I understand that if a unit can't reach an oil point, that this particular oil point should indeed not be listed in the unit's available oil list. But, as far as I know the rules, all CW units are connected to all its oil, So I must either be missing something or have found some bug.

Why can't Gort use oil from Kirkuk/Mosul/Iraq whereas one of the Typhoon IB in France can (I forgot which one of those planes)?
Or, why can't the ships in Belfast or Plymouth use any stored oil from Cairo, while ships in Portsmouth can?

Baghdad, Mosul, Kirkuk and Cairo are the only resources that are not showing for all CW units as available oil to be spent in the form ('expend oil points'), but I must confess I didn't search through the entire list.

I included a save game, of China use oil, but the CW is right after that.
Attachments
UseOilChina.zip
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
TeaLeaf

RE: Correct number of Oil available?

Post by TeaLeaf »

Maybe not necessary, but I'd like to add:
In my game, CW was only able to reorganize units for 12 oilpoints (13,6 needed for all units) while they clearly had 15 oilpoints available, afaik reachable for all units.
Ofc I found a way around, for now: exploiting the bug that a MP get all its oil back if saving the game during spend oil phase and then restore that game again...

Return to “Tech Support”