OT Wars of Napoleon

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

RogerJNeilson

OT Wars of Napoleon

Post by RogerJNeilson »

I am looking for something 'as well as' WITP. I have bought many Matrix/Ageod games which either sit on a backup drive or I just ignore, am tempted by this one even though it currently seems to have a lot of bugs to iron out. I have noticed a few of the contributors on here are also playing it so I'd appreciate their take on it as a comparison to WITP.

I keep hoping a decent ACW or Napoleonics game will appear, they don't.

Cheers

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
Lecivius

RE: OT Wars of Napoleon

Post by Lecivius »

I bought it, it sits unplayed. To many bugs [:(]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Skygge

Post by Skygge »

Bought it. So much potiential, so many good things in it, So unplayable.
mind_messing

Post by mind_messing »

All AGEOD games are wonderful games...about a year after release.

That's normally how long it takes them to iron out all the bugs with the release version.

I'm a big fan as well. Started off with Wars in America, moved on to Revolution under Siege and then Espana. They're great games on fairly niche topics (French & Indian/Revolutionary Wars, and the Russian and Spanish Civil Wars respectively) and the detail and gameplay is wonderful, but AGEOD have what I call the Paradox curse in that the release version of their game is normally very buggy (though Paradox seem to have cleaned their act up as of recent).
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Hmm, I could live with it being an 'investment' for the future if I thought I'd actually play it. I have an Ageod ACW game, I have the Ageod 30Yrs War game.... I have not been able to get into either.

Bugs should be squashed at some stage, but is this another one that just won't work for me?

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

+1
I may buy it at a later date.
sanch

Post by sanch »

The user interface and the way the player interacts with it is basically identical to other Ageod games. At first, I was turned off by them; my biggest issue was the feedback on what and why something happened isn't so great. Or something bad was happening, and I had no idea I was going south. But over time, I began to learn (the hard way) what to watch for. Sort of like WitP - big learning curve.

So, if you like the Ageod interface, and am comfortable with it, it's the best out there for covering the entire scope of those wars. Yes, there's bugs, and yes, Ageod has a history of getting products into a good state well after release. But it is playable, but will probably be much better a year from now.

To me, the deciding factor is whether or not you are good with their user interface as played in other games. If you haven't been able to get into the other games, then this is likely to be no different. But, don't forget that under the hood, there's some pretty good stuff, if you spend the time to dig.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”