Production Multiplier Q

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Michael T

Production Multiplier Q

Post by Michael T »

@ morvael

This is going back a long way. But I thought (as explained by Pavel) the way Heavy Industry (and Armaments as well) production worked was this:

((Number of Factories in each City times by Production Multiplier) round down) times by 500 (or 250 for Armaments)

For example let’s take Gorky’s HI in 1943.

5 HI Factories X 1.3 = 6.5 = 6.0 round down times 500 = 3000

But if this is still correct (maybe it has changed since I last played or perhaps I misunderstood) the 1942 multiplier would mean nothing as it is only 1.1.
As no HI site has enough factories to get up to the next whole number. For example Gorky would be still 5 after rounding down.

What am I missing here? Has the method of calculation changed? Maybe it never really was like this anyway?

Can you explain it please if my understanding is wrong.
Michael T

RE: Production Multiplier Q

Post by Michael T »

Here is thread, ah the good old days...

tm.asp?m=2945409&mpage=1&key=multiplier&#2945456
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

This was the case before. Like you say, production multiplier was applied to the number of factories in a specific slot at a location with fractional factories dropped before multiplying with the base production of the relevant factory type. I assume this was a relic from the old War in Russia days using integers to minimize memory usage.

This was changed in a late 1.07 or early 1.08 to applying the multiplier to the points generated. A Sov ARM will in '42 and later produce 250 x 1.3 = 325 arms points.
The Gorky factories in your example will produce 3300 Supply.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Ok cool, I can update my spread sheet. Thanks.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Thanks gingerbread for answering in my stead.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”