windows 10

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Ginetto

windows 10

Post by Ginetto »

Today Windows 10 is supposed to be released by Microsoft.
Do we already have some idea of possible problems in running MG games with Windows 10? If so, which games?
If there are issues, is something being done about them?
Gino
m10bob

RE: windows 10

Post by m10bob »

I was having a very minor problem with my mouse in War In The Pacific,AE, but it was resolved by adding a command line switch of " -deepColor " to the title of the game in the "properties" screen and all is perfect again..

Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Sounds good. Thanks
Gino
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

All my games run in 'Windows 10', even old DOS games using DosBox. I have had other problems and crashes with 'Windows 10', but not relating to games.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
DEB

Post by DEB »

Do your games include Uncommon Valour ?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

tm.asp?m=4061344

i'm still waiting for the game to test it tbh, done 20 odd games already on windows 10, with only one not being as yet able to run all ok, rest all fine tbh
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I did buy a new windows 10 based laptop and loaded up Steam. Downloaded our Red Storm game and it crashed out on load with a can't find or load some Steam based dll. After some looking online I tried adding in a visual Studio redistribution package and that did not fix it. I then went to C packages and loaded the visual C 2010 and after a game load fail for a new bug and a reboot the game works fine. Still working after taking visual Studio off. Be aware that win10 may not have needed redistribution library packages loaded for your game or in support of third party tools.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”