Base Information Screen Display

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

dave sindel

Base Information Screen Display

Post by dave sindel »

I have looked in the manual, and tried searching the forum, for the answer to a question I have. Section 4.2.4.2 in the maual shows a picture of a "mouseover pop-up" of a base, with no explanation of what some of the lines indicate. I've posted a picture, and am curious about what one of the figures represents.

Attachments
Rangoon.jpg
Rangoon.jpg (138.08 KiB) Viewed 31 times
btd64

RE: Base Information Screen Display

Post by btd64 »

The 150 is the number of refineries that need to be repaired. You have 25% production right now and 75% damaged. Hope this helps. The new manual will have better explainations of these numbers....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

To be repaired if the refinery had the total of 200 capacity at start and then 150 were damaged. If there was less capacity at start and the Japanese expanded it after they took Rangoon, this is good for you. It costs 100 supply for each point of expansion, and then another 1000 supply to build the point of expansion to working production capacity. Think of the expansion like buying the initial construction materials necessary to build the capacity.

Only one "damaged/expanded" point of production can be built to operational each round, and there must be a minimum 10,000 supply at the base to expand the point (the 1000 points of supply is deducted from the base total each time a refinery point is repaired). So in your example, if he were to repair/build all the damaged points in the refinery it would take 150 days minimum and cost 150,000 supply. Since the Japanese rarely hold Rangoon more than a year and a half, they would never get decent payback on the investment. The Allies could probably do the repairs given their supply surplus in 1944, but the supplies are probably better sent to the Chinese via the Burma Road. There isn't that much need to fuel up at Rangoon in 1944, and the big ships cannot go up the river anyway.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
dave sindel

Post by dave sindel »

I didnt specify that this screenshot was "recon" of Japanese held Rangoon. Does that make any difference, or does it mean that they have 150 points of damage to be repaired ?
btd64

Post by btd64 »

It means that 75% of the refineries are not producing and need repairing....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Likely damaged when the base was taken by the IJ.
Pax
dave sindel

Post by dave sindel »

Thanks Pax, hadn't thought of that. I've been doing some bombing with 4E and 2E bombers targeting the refinery, and was curious how effective that had been.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”