Unit Bombing Question!

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

rainman2015

Unit Bombing Question!

Post by rainman2015 »

I have been reading a lot about how effective it is to bomb ground units prior to attacks. I had played a decent amount (not nearly as much as most on this board) previously, and had just completely stopped ground unit bombings, as they seemed to do nothing worthwhile. Now, as the Germans, i see that forum posts that say i need to rethink this completely, especially with 3 bombings per hex per turn allowed, as not only is it apparently causing so much disruption that it makes the ground attack much easier, but it also is killing/disabling quite a few troops, making the air war much more interesting IMO if so.

So, question:

How should i, as the Germans in 41, use the Luftwaffe in ground unit bombings? And, when i bomb a stack of say, 3 divisions that are dug in decently over a river before assaulting them with ground troops, how many planes should i use in each of the bombings, and how many times should i bomb them prior to the ground assault? This again, is something i am completely a newbie at doing.

Thanks!
Randy
:)
rmonical

RE: Unit Bombing Question!

Post by rmonical »

Maybe take a look at my AAR.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”