Parts of Karelia not flipping

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

caliJP

Parts of Karelia not flipping

Post by caliJP »

Why does this part of Karelia still has hexes under soviet control when it has been isolated weeks ago?
Kind of a detail, except every now and then a russian replacement unit shows up there :)

Attachments
Karelia.jpg
Karelia.jpg (163.83 KiB) Viewed 150 times
JP
rmonical

RE: Parts of Karelia not flipping

Post by rmonical »

I hope it is because that rail going to the north is a supply source? I have not checked the details but you need to put all of those hexes in your ZOC to flip them.
caliJP

Post by caliJP »

Well rail is completely cut off from the soviet rail network, but I suppose the game may be assuming there is supply coming from the north you are right.

JP
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

I read somewhere that they made one of those hexes a Soviet supply source in a upgrade just like some cities in the east. So unless you capture that hex others can still trace a supply to it. Makes sense as off map there is land connection to Archangel, Murmansk and Siberia. I guess the solution is to send a unit like the cavalry brigade to find and capture the hex and see them all flip over?
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
morvael

Post by morvael »

Yes, there is a supply source there. And the rail is actually going north, not ending in the hex like this graphics shows.
Jusalak

Post by Jusalak »

ORIGINAL: morvael

And the rail is actually going north, not ending in the hex like this graphics shows.
Yes, it is the Murmansk railway built for strategic reasons during WWI and completed in 1916. A rail connection from Murmansk railway to Vologda-Archangelsk rail line was completed in late 1941.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”